Phil's pea under which pod presentation!!!!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by jimbo1mcm, Oct 28, 2012.

1. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

Of course I love apple. I have a new MBP, an IP5, a Ipad3 and just ordered a Ipad mini. But I just had to laugh out loud at the presentation of the Imac by Phil. I wonder how many times he rehearsed positioning the demo model to the exact angle that prevented everyone seeing the bulging back, instead of the side. It reminded me of the old slight of hand game where the huckster moves 3 pods and you have to guess which one the pea is under. Even the Apple video of the event shows a full on shot of the back, where you can't see the bulge. I love it. We are so getting screwed by this salesmanship!!! And we probably love it. Don't forget, in our loyalty to Apple, they are doing everything in their power to separate you from your dollars.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That's ridiculous. Apple isn't hiding anything, as the back is clearly visible on their site. This has already been discussed extensively in threads such as this one.

3. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

Well yes I agree, I can see clearly Phil too hard to show off how thin the new iMac is on the edge.
    "You musn't angle it wrong, folks. It's really important." .. Phil said, figuratively :p

4. spcdust macrumors 6502a

spcdust

The presentation was quite amusing as he hesitantly angled the iMac so not to reveal the bulge. Also the photos on the website are rather "deceptive", I think there are about two photos buried in the site that show the bulge, and even then they are rather creatively taken. No matter, we all know it does bulge but I guess the average punter may be surprised when they see the new iMac in the flesh.