Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alstar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
Hi Guys,

I am on iOS 10.1.1 and I have noticed my phone app freezing every now and then and its SO annoying!
I have to kill the app and open it again, just wanted to know if its only me or is there someone else who is facing this issue?

Also the other day someone really weird happened, my iphone automatically reset to the activation lock menu and i had to set it up all over again from scratch. Thankfully I had my last backup in the cloud so I was able to restore it. However this is so annoying, looks like iOS 10 is turning out to be garbage for me! (It isn't surprising considering Apple's recent track record!)

-A

alstar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
I have reset my phone and restored it from backup but still no luck, the phone app continues to freeze every now and then. Its good that in today's times I dont end up using the phone app that much or else that would be super annoying.
Maybe the next iOS upgrade will fix this..

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I have reset my phone and restored it from backup but still no luck, the phone app continues to freeze every now and then. Its good that in today's times I dont end up using the phone app that much or else that would be super annoying.
Maybe the next iOS upgrade will fix this..
You might want to try without the backup.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Ah I did think of that bit but if I do that then I wont have any of my present data and have the start from scratch.!
Well, you could at least try it out for a bit to see if it might be something related to the backup/data you have or not.

bmwhd

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2008
Same issue here. Has happened with same backup image on two physical devices. Must be backup related but I'm loath to start from new. Such a massive pain in the butt.

Spent a fruitless hour on the phone with Apple support who, you guessed it, have never heard of this and want to replace hardware.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.