Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RealtorRob

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2015
Hello,
My iPhone 6s with the latest iOS keeps dimming the screen. I turned off auto dim, no luck.
Thanks for help.

JMarkNY

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2016
New York
You may need to re-calibrate the sensor. I believe the way to do this is to go into a very dark room with auto-brightness turned off. Set the brightness to a minimal degree and then activate the auto-brightness and immediately turn it off again.

Once you've done this, bring your phone into a very bright place (preferably in the sun or a really bright room) and now slide the display brightness all the way to maximum and then re-enable auto-brightness. This should hopefully fix the issue.

RealtorRob

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2015
Auto dims how exactly and under what circumstances?
It Auto dims when I don't touch my screen and then
Auto dims how exactly and under what circumstances?
it it auto dims when I don't touch the screen and then locks.
[doublepost=1466723971][/doublepost]I have
You may need to re-calibrate the sensor. I believe the way to do this is to go into a very dark room with auto-brightness turned off. Set the brightness to a minimal degree and then activate the auto-brightness and immediately turn it off again.

Once you've done this, bring your phone into a very bright place (preferably in the sun or a really bright room) and now slide the display brightness all the way to maximum and then re-enable auto-brightness. This should hopefully fix the issue.
auto brightness turned off anyway

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It Auto dims when I don't touch my screen and then

it it auto dims when I don't touch the screen and then locks.
[doublepost=1466723971][/doublepost]I have

auto brightness turned off anyway
That's how it works before locking--the screen dims and then the phone locks.

RealtorRob

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2015
That's how it works before locking--the screen dims and then the phone locks.
It used to be that the iphone wouldn't lock if I was watching a movie or YouTube videos. So, every 30seconds I have to touch my phone to get it to stop turning off or.... Turn off auto lock.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It used to be that the iphone wouldn't lock if I was watching a movie or YouTube videos. So, every 30seconds I have to touch my phone to get it to stop turning off or.... Turn off auto lock.
Well, you didn't mention that part of it. When you are watching something auto-lock shouldn't apply (nor the dimming part of it).

RealtorRob

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2015
Well, you didn't mention that part of it. When you are watching something auto-lock shouldn't apply (nor the dimming part of it).
Yea I don't know why it started, really annoying

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.