Phone Junkie Intervention Squad

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by MRU, Dec 10, 2014.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Well peeps, the madness never ends I have just ordered a 2014 Moto x making it my 15th (honestly lost count) phone this year. Got a good deal for €435 for a new sealed pure edition in black resin.

Jamezr is probably still edging me out though in regards to phones this year...

Deciding factor on purchase was two fold, one price was good )I should be able to resale without a big loss) and basically get a taste of lollipop now, as my Alpha is down for March timeframe on Sammobile before it see's it.

Will decide when my Moto X arrives which device between it and the Alpha I will keep till Spring.

2. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

3. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

And you did nothing to stop me... Call your yourself a squad ;) :p

4. Oohara macrumors 68020

Oohara

5. Fireblade macrumors 65816

Fireblade

I guess he sold some of them, so the pic won't happen

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Good grief, talk about a fear of commitment.:rolleyes::p

7. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yep. I use the sale to find the new. I'm insane but not that insane

Lol, I'd like that picture but at the same time seeing all of them together would terrify me :)

Lol..... Commitments for chumps ;) (and the married/betrothed...)

8. Sensamic macrumors 68030

It's not a problem.

It's a hobby.

Mmmmm now that I think about it yes, it's a problem

But hey, it's always fun to read your opinions on every flagship that's released It's like our own private review.

We like tech and we all know it's not cheap, but as long as you sell them then it's not that expensive.

So yeah, I encourage you to keep buying every new flagship that comes out. We need to keep this subforum going

9. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

This year I had: iPhone 5s, nexus 5, moto x 2013, HTC one m8, Sony z3c, note 4, iPhone 6, and iphone 6+

Not quite your level, but close to a phone a month. The 5s and nexus 5 I had two separate times.

10. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

I'm nowhere near your level, but I feel the same. I ask myself if I should really be spending money on all these phones that I'll never use daily anyway, but I justify it as my hobby and something I'm genuinely interested in, so why not?

11. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yeah I had two M8's and two S5's myself :)

----------

I don't need encouragement lol ;) but thanks matey

----------

Yeah I know, I'm not even planning on using it as a daily driver. But yeah I don't drink or smoke so could be worse ways to spend money (my other obsession being Skylanders :) )

12. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

I'm a little surprised you didn't pick up a One+1 today as well considering they actually went on sale. Or did you already have one of those? :confused:

Oh hell, it's probably easier to to keep track of the phones you haven't purchased this year. :D:p

13. rhinosrcool macrumors 65816

rhinosrcool

I'm waiting on you getting the Note 4. A while ago, phablets were your bane. Now, you (come to your senses:D) have an iPhone 6 Plus and see how sweet they are. Once you get the urge to have the fabulous s pen (I know that you have the Note Pro 12.2), you will succumb. It's only a matter of time...:eek:

14. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Worst part about being a phone junkie is when the price of a phone you recently purchased suddenly goes down and you feel you overpaid. My Moto G2 went on sale right after I bought it, so I got Amazon to credit me back the difference. But that was because it was within a week. Now I'm having another issue. My Lumia 635 went down from the to $60 from the $80 I paid for it on November 9th. Gonna go to walmart tomorrow and see if they'll give me a gift card for the $20 difference. Problem is its been about a month now. We'll see what happens, if not, no biggie.

15. nfl46, Dec 10, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2014

nfl46 macrumors 603

:( I can join the crowd. I just ordered a HTC M8, which means this will be my 14th phone this year. It was between this or the Moto X (2014). I'll pick that phone up in a couple of months after I get tired of my M8, lol.

One thing I've noticed about this journey this year is, I do NOT like phones that are 5.5" or bigger. I've had three, and I loved them, but after a while, I cannot stand the size. My iPhone 6 Plus was my favorite phone this year, but was way too big for me. I guess the iPhone 6 would better fit me. I plan to get the regular 6 next year, when the Apple Watch comes out.

So next up for me: Moto X (2014) and iPhone 6/Apple Watch

16. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Already had it .......

----------

Yeah my journey of phones has been a roller coaster too. At least I'm in good company at the asylum :)

17. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

When you selling your Aston Martin? Guessing you must have one? Hehe

18. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Lol :p I wish

19. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

And here I thought I was at the same level as most of you, I've only had 5 phones this year, you guys completely blew me out of the water.

Though now I have a reference for when my wife complains about how many phones I get, I can always tell you about how many you all get.

20. ggibson913 macrumors 6502a

ggibson913

So assuming you buy all of your phones off contract?

21. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Lol. I'm single, I think if I was married I would have been killed a long time ago for my spending habits :D

Yep.

22. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

or you would have more phones b.c of a dual income haha.

23. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

suddenly e-harmony looks tempting .......

24. SecITGuy macrumors newbie

You definitely need help :)

25. TacticalDesire macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

How do you like the screen on the alpha? 312ppi + pentile is putting me off.