Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
How do you like the screen on the alpha? 312ppi + pentile is putting me off.

I honestly have no problem with it. I was expecting a big downgrade from the S5, but was more than pleasantly surprised. It's much better than the Moto X 2013 anyway.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Upgraded it to Lollipop when it became available and I do not plan on selling it. I think you will like it and the form factor is very bearable although the first gen ergonomics was aces.

New idea. Next time a space exploration flight becomes available, go for it. No gadgets out there to get tempted. :)

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Phone Junkie Intervention Squad

Upgraded it to Lollipop when it became available and I do not plan on selling it. I think you will like it and the form factor is very bearable although the first gen ergonomics was aces.

New idea. Next time a space exploration flight becomes available, go for it. No gadgets out there to get tempted. :)

Lol . In space no one can hear you tweet ;)

Yeah I'm interested to see how it fares ergonomically, the 2013 was near perfect ergonomically.

sickducker

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2014
You should really asks yourself if buying all these phones really makes you happy or just gives a temporarily high?

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
My Fire Phone arrives today. I'll have 6 currently (if you count my iPhone 2G)....wish I could have picked up an HTC M8. Still semi-considering grabbing an M7 off eBay or something. Still my favorite Android phone I've ever owned.

I'm right there with you MRU - gadgets are just too much fun. And they're all different - have to check them all out!

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland
MRU, this is a real intervention. We're worried about you. You spend so much on phones, you're in debt with the wrong people to feed your addiction. You keep thinking one more phone will sate you but it never does.

Come home, I'll put the kettle on. We'll talk.

:D

kevinof

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2008
Dublin/London
Enjoy the Moto X. I've had mine since they were released and it's great. Looking forward to Lollipop which should be out for it soon (UK model).

Great phone.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
MRU, this is a real intervention. We're worried about you. You spend so much on phones, you're in debt with the wrong people to feed your addiction. You keep thinking one more phone will sate you but it never does.

Come home, I'll put the kettle on. We'll talk.

:D

Lol.. The last time we tried that I ended but being chained to a bed post on the pretence it'll stop me spending .... :p but I still found a way ;)

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
My Fire Phone arrives today. I'll have 6 currently (if you count my iPhone 2G)....wish I could have picked up an HTC M8. Still semi-considering grabbing an M7 off eBay or something. Still my favorite Android phone I've ever owned.

I'm right there with you MRU - gadgets are just too much fun. And they're all different - have to check them all out!

If you're ever serious about the M7, hit me up. I still have my 64GB Dev Edition Unlocked that you can have for a very fair price. Actually doing some cleaning in my office past two days and fired it up again yesterday--still nice and snappy. My favorite Android phone that's I've owned as well but I just don't have a use for it.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Got another one yesterday, Ascend Mate 2.

Very nice for the price and really not much bigger than the IP Plus.

We will all have to meet one day. It will be easier for the wagon to pick us all up at the same time and bring us to an asylum. :)

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Got another one yesterday, Ascend Mate 2.

Very nice for the price and really not much bigger than the IP Plus.

We will all have to meet one day. It will be easier for the wagon to pick us all up at the same time and bring us to an asylum. :)

Thank heavens I'm in good company :)

soulreaver99

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2010
Southern California
I'm just as bad. Just sold the Note 4 and am thinking of going Nexus 6 or possibly wait for the Sony Xperia Z4. If I find a good deal on a Z3 I will definitely pick that up :p

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I'm just as bad. Just sold the Note 4 and am thinking of going Nexus 6 or possibly wait for the Sony Xperia Z4. If I find a good deal on a Z3 I will definitely pick that up :p

Yep - the regulars here all seem to be as nutty as each other. It's like everytime one of us changes / swaps / trades up - it encourages us all further :)

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
If you're ever serious about the M7, hit me up. I still have my 64GB Dev Edition Unlocked that you can have for a very fair price. Actually doing some cleaning in my office past two days and fired it up again yesterday--still nice and snappy. My favorite Android phone that's I've owned as well but I just don't have a use for it.

Awesome - I'll let you know!

bwillard92

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2014
For most of this year I was almost as crazy with smartphones as you guys were. This year I've owned an iPhone 5c, a Moto X 2013 (still have it), a Moto G 2013 (Gave it to my Mom), a Galaxy S4, an iPhone 6, a HTC One M8 and an iPhone 5s. I'm currently on phone number 7 and am pretty sure it's the one I'm going to keep.

I bought the 5c, Moto X and Moto G unlocked. Sold the 5c and made my money back.

I pre-ordered the iPhone 6 through T-Mobile with a monthly EIP. Although I liked the phone the coverage for T-Mobile in Maine sucks. I wish I had travelled more with the phone because I missed the 20 day return policy before I discovered how bad the coverage is outside the city. I sold the phone to Gazelle and used the profit to pay off T-Mobile.

I'm getting tired of returning phones and calling Verizon to cancel the contract during the return period. I did this with both the S4 and the M8. Currently I'm sticking with my 5s on Verizon because they have the best signal in Maine.

I think I've finally kicked my smartphone addiction. I'll just live vicariously through MacRumorUser from now on.

Sith Vol

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2011
Memphis, TN
How great is the M8? I'm really wanting one, more so the GPE but I'm assuming the only way to get one is via eBay?

I'm due for an upgrade and am currently rocking a 5. Haven't owned an Android phone since the Nexus 4 on ICS. Really considering one. May get the Note 4 with a 2 year contract but I'd rather save my upgrade and buy something off contract.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I don't want to be a phone junkie anymore lol that's gonna be one of my resolutions for next year, wonder how long it will last.

This year I've had : S4, iPhone 5S, note 3, G3, S5 and iphone 6 plus.

Ah at least I'm not as bad as macrumors lol

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
If I was to get a new phone as an extra it's the nexus 6. Never had a nexus phone and could be a tablet type usage for me

TacticalDesire

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2012
Michigan
How great is the M8? I'm really wanting one, more so the GPE but I'm assuming the only way to get one is via eBay?

I'm due for an upgrade and am currently rocking a 5. Haven't owned an Android phone since the Nexus 4 on ICS. Really considering one. May get the Note 4 with a 2 year contract but I'd rather save my upgrade and buy something off contract.

Nexus 4 never ran ICS. Earliest it ran was 4.2.

The GPE M8 is a great phone.

gotluck

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2011
East Central Florida

if you are up for doing some reading / more involved tech crap, I believe any model M8 can be fully converted to the GPE. Searching XDA would probably be your best bet, I have never owned an HTC device, but I know it is possible.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
if you are up for doing some reading / more involved tech crap, I believe any model M8 can be fully converted to the GPE. Searching XDA would probably be your best bet, I have never owned an HTC device, but I know it is possible.

certainly is ... I believe Jamezr did this, though not sure he can post at the moment :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.