Phone OS 4.0 A2DP Bluetooth - Changing Tracks

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by roland.g, Jun 21, 2010.

1. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Does the iOS 4.0 finally give us the ability to change tracks with a bluetooth headset or has Apple still not integrated that feature?

2. geko29 macrumors 6502

The GM doesn't support it, so I wouldn't expect it before 5.0, if even then. Apple has been particularly bullheaded about AVRCP support.

3. roland.g thread starter macrumors 603

roland.g

I don't get it. Most other A2DP devices support it. They have play/pause and volume support. I would really like to change tracks with my Rocket Fish MAB22 Bluetooth headphones.

4. snapper2323 macrumors member

snapper2323

Second to that. My coworker just switched to his 3 year old Blackberry after selling his 3gs on Ebay. He commented on how AVRCP works on it but the upcoming Iphone won't as of yet.

5. Skystar macrumors 6502

This is one thing I wish apple supports better. My car stereo is a2dp, and it would be great to switch tracks without taking the phone out of my pocket.

6. roland.g thread starter macrumors 603

roland.g

It's not that big of a deal. Due to range you can't go too far from your phone anyway. But if it is in your pocket or in a dock it is nice to be able to reach up and hit the button on your headphones.

7. bmwhd macrumors 6502a

bmwhd

Actually, it's a huge deal for me. I'd like full hands free support for times when it's not safe to be handling the phone (car and motorcycle are my two).