Phone robbed please help track

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Davie1, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Davie1 macrumors newbie

my mum got robbed for iPhone 6s on the 26/05/17 find my phone was switched off on 28/05/17 how do I track last location

2. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

You can sign into her iCloud account online and see the last location. That information, in and of itself is worthless, for all intent and purposes.

The best thing to do is to file a police report and have them handle the situation.

3. Davie1 thread starter macrumors newbie

The police have been useless so have apple my mums 68 I don't know how they managed to turn off find my phone but they did it was 2 days latter when it was switched off thought maybe if I had the last location it would help police thanks anyway
    --- Post Merged, Jun 4, 2017 ---
    Hi I'm just new to this forum so any help would be grate find my phone was switched off on the 28 th she was robbed on the 26th I was sort of hoping they might have been at a local address then I could give the police the details

4. Garsun macrumors regular

Garsun

As far as I'm aware there isn't any way to shut off "find my Phone" without the iCloud password. Was the password complex?
    I read about a hack that could disassociate the "find my device" from the physical device but that's not the same as turning it off.
    I would be interested to know if this is now possible.

5. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

My understanding which could be in error is the find my phone feature is mostly for you misplacing your phone. It's of little help when the phone is stolen. Correct me if I'm wrong.

6. ctrlzone macrumors regular

ctrlzone

last week the police found a robbed iPhone with the "find my Phone" feature here where i live.

7. Davie1 thread starter macrumors newbie

That's exactly what apple said and the password was made up of numbers one capital and the rest lower case letters so it would have been a hard password to crack and there was nothing in my mums bag with details of the password I've had a look online there's a few firms advertising that they can change apple account details don't know if it's a con or what but it must be possible

8. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

How did that work, did you show them something or were they able to find it themselves based on info you gave them about the phone?

9. Davie1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeh think your right about it only being of use when phones misplaced as for it being turned off don't have a clue how they done it phone had six digit passcode plus fingerprint

10. ctrlzone macrumors regular

ctrlzone

a guy broke in a car and took the phone, then he went to get some drinks in the city and kept the phone turned on.

the owner contacted the police and they localized the phone.
    as the police was there they called the phone and could locate him immediately.

needless to say this guy was just straight retarded, but in the end the phone came back to his owner within the same day and the criminal got arrested.