Photo of the day : April 2011

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by oblomow, Mar 31, 2011.

1. oblomow, Mar 31, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2011

oblomow macrumors 68020

oblomow

It is April on the International Dateline.

Welcome to Photo of the Day. The POTD thread was started by iGary, and first posted in May, 2006 It was converted to a monthly thread in November 2007 by Arn. POTD is one of the most popular picture groups on MacRumors and often exceeds 500 posts and 20,000 views per month.

Photo of the Day is intended to be a showcase for your best pictures. There is no limit to your gear, just your imagination. P&S and film cameras are welcome along with DSLRs. There are no themes like the Fortnightly Challenge and Weekly Contest. No winners (or losers) either.

Policies

*One Photo per Day - Don't post multiple images in one message.

*Quote with Thumbnails - If you quote an image that has tags, convert them to [img] tags before replying. This will post your comment with a thumbnail and save space. Failure to [img] in quotes is still a problem at this time. Help fix that.

*Multi-Quote - To comment on several photos, click the Multi-Quote button. This puts all your comments in one post. The Moderators like that. Observe the [img] policy here, too (especially).

*SFW (Safe for Work) only - This is a site - wide rule. If you wouldn't show it in a public place, then it's NSFW (not safe for work). Think before you post.

Optional - Describe your photo.Tell what it is and where you took it. If you know the EXIF data of a photo, include it. The following EXIF fields are recommended: Camera; ISO; Focal Length; Shutter/Aperture; Lens.

If you need any help with posting, try one of these tutorials.

[URL="https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B1nHFOBDdle8OWExYmRjNTgtYTU4NC00MjA5LWIxOTgtMjIxMTc0OTlkODU5&hl=en"]Using the Quote Button[/URL]

[URL="https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B1nHFOBDdle8YTBkNjUyN2MtNDZjNy00MjU3LWFmNDItM2JkZjMxMTBkYmZi&hl=en"]Using the Multi-Quote Button[/URL]

[URL="https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B1nHFOBDdle8OWEzYmVmMTUtOTcyNS00MGY1LWJlMDMtN2ZiZTdmMjcxMTYy&hl=en"]Using the Edit Button[/URL]

[URL="https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B1nHFOBDdle8NDc2OWQzMzAtNjFlZi00NzUyLWE1MDgtNDQxMzM4MWE0NTEy&hl=en&authkey=CN71wswI"]Using Flickr to Host Photos[/URL]

[URL="https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B1nHFOBDdle8MzYzOWM2MTMtOTVhOS00YjMyLTgxMWUtNTg5ODNkYTZjNDI3&hl=en"]Using ImageShack to Host Photos[/URL]

For one-click access, they are all here: [URL="https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B1nHFOBDdle8M2IwZmQwOTktNjA5Ni00NDg1LWFkNDUtYTEzYjM1ZDQyZDdh&hl=en"]Dale's Google Docs Folder[/URL]

Welcome:

[IMG]http://bospaling.nl/open/puzzel0003.jpg

2. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

[​IMG]
    fountains. by tristangage, on Flickr

Camera Canon EOS 500D
    Exposure 1/4000 sec
    Aperture f/4.5
    Focal Length 25 mm
    ISO Speed 800

3. Parkin Pig macrumors 6502a

Parkin Pig

Goth Girl

Taken at Whitby Goth Weekend.
    I had to monochrome the background as the wall was too similar in colour to the model's hair

Attached Files:

• Goth.jpg
      Goth.jpg
      File size:
      860.2 KB
      Views:
  4. MeisterFritz macrumors newbie

Hopes of Spring!

This is the absolute worst winter in the New England states that I can recall. I am disenchanted by any more snow and look forward to some warmth. The symbolism is in the image!

Attached Files:

5. Schnebar macrumors 6502

Took this over Spring Break in Delphi, Greece

Attached Files:

6. bld44 macrumors 6502

Part II of my "spring series".... another wildflower..
    (for the life of me I can't remember the proper name of this flower right now).

[​IMG]
    flickr

7. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

I understand exactly, seems what misses us you get if your closer to the coast and the other way around, lovely color in the photo to brighten the mood though :)

8. cupcakes2000 macrumors 6502

9. rusty2192 macrumors 6502a

I accidentally posted this over in the March thread first by accident forgetting that its April already. I guess that makes me the April Fool :cool:

Anyway, here is mine for the day. It's a sculpture thingy.

[​IMG]

I'm planning on heading to the Game Farm (like a zoo run by the Department of Fish and Wildlife) tomorrow morning, so hopefully I will have a bunch of new stuff to share.

10. Keleko macrumors 68000

My wife is knitting a baby blanket. No, it isn't for us (thankfully).

[​IMG]

11. rebby macrumors 6502

Battle Scars.

My 1 year-old a couple of days before his first birthday (click for larger).

[​IMG]

12. contracteur macrumors newbie

13. fcortese macrumors demi-god

fcortese

Hope he is doing well.

Welcome to MR's DP thread.

Here's mine for today. In the older part of town here they have remnants of painted advertising that is still present on many buildings. They are know as "ghost signs." here is an example of one:

[​IMG]
    EXIF: f/8 1/200 ISO 100 0 ev 32mm

14. Waybo macrumors regular

Ft. Lauderdale

We were in Ft. Lauderdale, walking along I-95 when we spotted this breath of fresh air. Dear spouse had to put up with me when I insisted going back to get my camera. This was taken just 2 weeks ago, while we waited for our cruise. (Western Caribbean pictures will be coming!) A nice break from winter: today's snow storm dumped 8" of heavy snow in our yard!

Nikon D3100 w/ Tamron AF 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3
    ISO 720, 18mm, .33ev, f/22, 1/60

Attached Files:

15. grassland macrumors 6502

old timers:)

Attached Files:

16. rebby macrumors 6502

He's doing very well. If you're interested in all of the details, we did setup a Caring Bridge page for him.

The view out Blake's admitting room the morning of surgery:

[​IMG]

17. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

[​IMG]
    choose your side. by tristangage, on Flickr

Camera Canon EOS 500D
    Exposure 0.017 sec (1/60)
    Aperture f/5.0
    Focal Length 24 mm
    ISO Speed 100

18. Rowbear, Apr 2, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2011

Rowbear macrumors 6502a

Rowbear

Spring is here at last, and so are the Red-Winged Blackbirds at Dows Lake in Ottawa.

600mm, 1/640sec, ISO 400, f/9

[​IMG]

19. oblomow thread starter macrumors 68020

oblomow

20. Keleko macrumors 68000

I helped a friend drive one of his two cars to the Georgia Tech Auto Show today. I have about 130 shots to go through, though only 35 which I like more than others. This one stood out to me the most for today's photo. It is a brave entry from a University of Georgia fan, complete with bulldog, brought to the Georgia Tech campus.

[​IMG]

21. Waybo macrumors regular

Miami Port

As we sailed out of Miami, we spotted this gorgeous home. It's still under construction. Wonder what it'll look like when it's done?!?

ISO 1250, 155 mm, 0 ev, f/6, 1/4000

Attached Files: