Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

someoldguy

macrumors 68030
Aug 2, 2009
usa
patrol4c2bw2_zps321a8786.jpg

M9 , 35/2 , f4@1/1000 , iso 200

Cheese&Apple

macrumors 68010
Jun 5, 2012
Toronto
I've been lucky to get some shots of a Barred Owl in the past but this one is new from this past weekend. This time he was a lot more cooperative with his pose and his perch.

PHD_7478%20-%20Version%205-XL.jpg

fcortese

macrumors demi-god
Apr 3, 2010
Big Sky country
I love April. It's a great month for new beginnings. That's why I've chosen today to introduce my new photographic style. I've come up with a new look that is straight-out-of-camera, and I'm very excited about it. From now on, I'll be working in this style. C&C welcome. :)

Your new style must be taking hold. You aleady have 8 likes!:eek:;)

M9 , 35/2 , f4@1/1000 , iso 200

Nice, fresh perspective of the Korean War monument in Washington, DC. Not the usual composition.

Cheese&Apple

macrumors 68010
Jun 5, 2012
Toronto
I love April. It's a great month for new beginnings. That's why I've chosen today to introduce my new photographic style. I've come up with a new look that is straight-out-of-camera, and I'm very excited about it. From now on, I'll be working in this style. C&C welcome. :)

MyNewStyle.jpg

Very nice Phrasikleia. I'm looking forward to seeing this on your website with a tutorial. :)

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
Was this for the competition on Twitter yesterday?

Certainly was, if you are talking about Jessops! Although we didn't win anything it was quite a fun weekend with the family as we all took pictures and entered them.

Hopefully still got a chance as there has been a mini-uproar that a few of the winners simply stole the pictures off stock photography sites or from DevientArt.

Did you enter?

AT06

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2012
Winwick, UK
Certainly was, if you are talking about Jessops! Although we didn't win anything it was quite a fun weekend with the family as we all took pictures and entered them.

Hopefully still got a chance as there has been a mini-uproar that a few of the winners simply stole the pictures off stock photography sites or from DevientArt.

Did you enter?

Yep - I thought that your photo was far better than any of the ones picked. Think it was picked at random TBH.

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
Yep - I thought that your photo was far better than any of the ones picked. Think it was picked at random TBH.

Like to see your shot? I have to agree at some of the dubious judging, I don't mind lower quality winners with a good creative idea but some of them were just odd! I think they are looking to help people that don't already have a DSLR. It was really for my sister as she is keen to get into photography but doesn't have a camera so she camera up with some ideas and took them on my camera.

For todays competition we have gone the budget route and taken all our entries on an iphone!

kallisti

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2003
One other from my recent trip home. I'm a sucker for falling snow--kind of peaceful.

I don't usually use a wide-angle lens (though I guess *technically* my usual 35mm counts as wide). I find composition significantly harder at short focal lengths.

Took this with a 24mm lens. I initially passed over it, but keep looking at it again as I review the photos from my trip.

8611368838_7b3c091903_c.jpg

ijohn.8.80

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2012
Adelaide, Oztwaylya.

MyNewStyle.jpg

Damn it Phras. another photog. trend I've got to slavishly copy. Thanks. :(

Can you give me a hint to getting started? If I use the mirror-lock facility, breathe heavily on the sensor to fog it up, do I then use the hanky that's been in my back pocket for 3 months to wipe it, or just leave the spittle to dry hard? :confused:

VirtualRain

macrumors 603
Aug 1, 2008
Vancouver, BC

MyNewStyle.jpg

LOL... And this is a self portrait... :p

p1495541200-4.jpg

ijohn.8.80

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2012
Adelaide, Oztwaylya.
In continuation of my previous photo last month, I should take this opportunity to warn those travelling to Australia to watch out for "Drop Bears". They are deadly animals specifically targeting tourists, Drop Bear season officially starts in April.

It is very important you read this traveller warning information.

Didn't notice this yesterday, but a very timely warning for the tourists, there have been a string of attacks in our neck of the woods lately, especially with them having an extended breeding cycle because of the GM Gum leaves they have been eating. 2 Swedish backpackers were attacked last week in the Cleland Conservation Park, here in Adelaide.

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
Many thanks to everyone who commented on my last photo. Of course such lavish praise and philosophical analysis is to be expected for a stunning masterpiece like that one, but I appreciate it nonetheless. Sadly and inexplicably, I find myself unable to recreate the magic that I had on April 1. The muse seems to have left me. I guess I'll just have to go back to working in my old style again, alas...

P.S. Seriously, I must say that the comments were even funnier than the photo. I was in stitches reading them. Too many good ones to reply individually!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.