Photo Of The Day - April 2018

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Alexander.Of.Oz, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Alexander.Of.Oz macrumors 68030

Alexander.Of.Oz

Welcome to Photo of the Day. The POTD thread was started by iGary in May, 2006 and converted to a monthly thread in November 2007 by Arn. POTD is one of the most popular picture groups on MacRumors, often exceeding 500 posts and 20,000 views per month.

Photo of the Day is intended to be a showcase for your best pictures. There is no limit to your gear, just your imagination. P&S and film cameras are welcome along with DSLRs. There are no themes like the Weekly Contest, and no winners (or losers) either.

Policies

*One Photo per Day - Don't post more than one photo each day.

*Multi-Quote - To comment on several photos, click the "+ (Multi-Quote) button. This puts all your comments in one post. Multi-Quoting is required on all of the MacRumors forums.

*SFW (Safe for Work) only - This is a site - wide rule. If you wouldn't show it in a public place, then it's NSFW (not safe for work). Think before you post.

*Describe your photo - Tell what it is and where you took it. If you know the EXIF data of a photo, include it. The following EXIF fields are recommended: Camera, ISO, Focal Length, Shutter/Aperture and Lens.

Note: Anyone may start the Photo of the Day thread on the first of the month GMT. Please copy a quote of this post to maintain all the formatting.

** To see all of our past POTD threads (up to July 2013) please see the sticky thread here**
    ** To see all of the POTD threads from August 2013 onwards see the thread here**
    --- Post Merged, Mar 31, 2018 ---
    Went up into the hills yesterday, so one of the lads could buy himself an electric piano, and I spotted this gorgeous Triumph Thruxton 900 with custom colours! I love Café Racers, they are my favourite type of bike, and this is such a cool nod of the head to them. Unfortunately, the owner wouldn't pose with it. I like the old stylings, the modern tech. of it, and the modern helmet in contrast to the old building.

It was on checking this image that I realised I had left auto-ISO on! Switching it to ISO 100 for the remaining shots that I took in the township... :oops:

[​IMG]
    Canon 6D, Canon 17-40mm f/4 L, Multi-segment Metering, Manual Mode
    ISO 2500, 26mm, f/8, 1/3200

2. Bigtree macrumors 6502

Bigtree

3. fcortese macrumors demi-god

fcortese

4. MacRy macrumors 601

MacRy

Classic looking in any case ;)

5. anotherscotsman macrumors 68000

6. oblomow macrumors 68030

oblomow

I think I like this even better than the previous. Clearer lines, I guess. Although the railing in the previous one was nice, it somehow disturbed the image.

7. anotherscotsman macrumors 68000

Cheers, I know what you mean - I wasn't entirely convinced by the composition of yesterday's and almost didn't take the photo but I liked the effect. More to come I'm afraid.

8. stillcrazyman macrumors 68020

stillcrazyman

9. Apple fanboy macrumors Penryn

Apple fanboy

No need to be afraid. Looking forward to seeing more.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 1, 2018 ---
    Just about every bike (motor and push) was out on the road as I came back from Wales.

Funny I saw none on the way at 4am!

10. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

[​IMG]

Happy April everyone. On my Easter break, in the Lake District this time. climbing mountains and daring the elements.

11. Apple fanboy macrumors Penryn

Apple fanboy

I climbed a mountain in North Wales this morning.

12. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

Which one?

13. kgphotos macrumors regular

Happy Easter everyone!

Shot this a few years ago for my photo 365 project. It's Yellow M with Floppity, Peep, Hippity, and Hippie the first tye-dye bunny.

[​IMG]

14. Apple fanboy macrumors Penryn

Apple fanboy

Tryfan I believe. I didn't get to the top though! I was on my own and it was early. Probably the safest option.

15. gaswerks macrumors 6502

busted at the bird feeder ...

pic.JPG

@RCAFBrat thanks for the comments on my tower pic!

16. Apple fanboy macrumors Penryn

Apple fanboy

Black squirrel? We don't get those here.

17. anotherscotsman macrumors 68000

I really like the lighting in this one and the overall warm tones. Contrast with my recent submissions...

18. scotttnz macrumors 6502a

The first sunrise of April (and maybe my last for a while, with the end of daylight saving here in NZ yesterday). In the right thread today too :)

P1070730.jpg

19. kenoh macrumors demi-god

kenoh

Lovely day doing Easter Egg hunts again with the girls today. Managed to get to Dumfries House and also Alloway where Robert Burns was born. Got to see Brig O' Doon - the bridge on the back of a Scottish fiver! I liked this fence quite a bit in the walled garden at Dumfries House

[​IMG]L1005812.jpg by Ken OHagan, on Flickr

20. oblomow macrumors 68030

oblomow

21. Alexander.Of.Oz, Apr 1, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2018

Alexander.Of.Oz thread starter macrumors 68030

Alexander.Of.Oz

At the back of the Meadows Anglican Church, South Australia.

[​IMG]
    Canon 6D, Canon 17-40mm f/4 L, Multi-segment Metering, Manual Mode
    ISO 100, 40mm, f/4, 1/500

--- Post Merged, Apr 1, 2018 ---
    I enjoyed your two long-exposures of the jetty, the second one was the stronger to me, due to the paring back of the handrail. Less is more apparently. It would be a great spot to get back to if it's not too far a trip to get there, to explore different POV's again, and different cloud formations. It's the clouds that make LE's such a challenge, to me. The initial scoping out of a spot, with a multitude of shots from all manner of different potentials is pretty quick and can be done in any weather, that's just about composition after all. But, getting the right clouds and in the right direction, is the biggest challenge I am finding.

22. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector