Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

r.harris1

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2012
Denver, Colorado, USA
I'm finally able to get out again. It's amazing how rusty I feel. With this particular camera, it only wants to be at base ISO and sat on a tripod. The exposure time was something like 1.5 seconds and this deer was very, very still (If I don't move, you won't seem me :) ).

This Colorado state park is called Barr Lake. It's a lake that's a reservoir for farmers in the area and at certain times (this is one of them) it's very low. Where the deer is standing, it's often under water (or close enough). Other images in this series will show how very low the lake is. It's also the home of a large breeding population of Bald Eagles so it's very interesting over the January-March timeframe as the birds are raising their chicks and hunting fish in the lake.

If I don't move by Ray Harrison, on Flickr

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
It's interesting what filters can do..... I had shot this image the other day and while I liked the curves and shapes, in color it just wasn't interesting, so I converted to B&W and still wasn't happy with the results. Finally I resorted to going to the Photomania website and fooling around until I hit upon just the right filter that created a much more interesting look while retaining the curves and shapes that had attracted me to photographing the subject (a brown wooden footstool) in the first place.....

Curvaceous B&W Lines.jpeg

Alexander.Of.Oz

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2013
Our local harbour port area shipping channel. For some reason Lightroom Classic has had a brain fart on this and the other images I captured here, suggesting they were taken with a Canon body and lens combo, which I haven't had for a long time now! I find that particularly interesting as this is a clean install of Lightroom Classic on a new computer and I don't use any of the Adobe Cloud features! ?

Sony a7III & Sony 16-35mm f/4

Strider64

macrumors 65816
Dec 1, 2015
Suburb of Detroit
I decided put my wide angle lens on my Sony camera and go for a walk. This is my house and as you can see I'm not much of a landscaper, plus I really can't stand doing yardwork. Though I did some massive pulling weeds out in front of the house a couple of days ago as I started to sing "Welcome to the Jungle!" in my head. ? ? ?

Alexander.Of.Oz

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2013
I decided put my wide angle lens on my Sony camera and go for a walk. This is my house and as you can see I'm not much of a landscaper, plus I really can't stand doing yardwork. Though I did some massive pulling weeds out in front of the house a couple of days ago as I started to sing "Welcome to the Jungle!" in my head. ? ? ?
It's September already! New thread is over at:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.