Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gnd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2008
At my cat's house
Coming in for a landing

ComingInForALanding.jpg

90mm, f/8, 1/500s, ISO200

LumbermanSVO

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2007
Denton, TX
My friend had me take some pictures of his car for sale, unfortunately he chose a place with a pretty busy background and didn't want to wait until the light was better. This was my favorite of the bunch.

4844265340_48e071010c_b.jpg

Puulihuna

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2010
Costa Rica
I set up the camera on the tripod, the focus/aperture/shutter speed and gave the remote control to my son. So this is a picture taken by whom? :rolleyes: C&C welcome, as always.

Attachments

• jakethesnake.jpg
    jakethesnake.jpg
    806.2 KB · Views: 104

LittleCanonKid

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2008
Very cute pup! Crop, crop, crop! Try to get closer to the pup when you take more shots, although I realize sometimes pups won't stand still when you do this... ;) So, use a telephoto to do a nice, tight shot. But speaking of this image, it could use a severe pruning to get rid of all the surrounding space. If this pup is yours, you'll have a fun photo subject for quite a few years to come... :)
Thanks for the input! The puppies aren't actually mine. They're from a Navajo reservation I was helping out at for a week or so.

Here's a closer shot... ;)

NeverhadaPC

macrumors 6502
Oct 3, 2008
Awaiting Death by Ingestion

Here are some Christmas cookies that I was able to avoid eating before shooting. C&C welcome :)

ManhattanPrjct

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2008
Wow! That is a nice shot. It looks a bit noise at the top of the image, but I would love to be able to shot an image like that myself. What camera are you using?

That's not really noise - it's the layer of smog that's illuminated by the lights below, with a harsh transition into the night sky. The JPG gets downsampled when it gets uploaded, so there's pixelation around the tougher color transition areas. I was able to isolate/accentuate it with an ND grad when there was still sunlight. That streak at the top is a helicopter flying through, and you can see the spotlight as well crossing the scene from the Hollywood Bowl below.

These were my "throw away" shots as I was packing up and trying to make it out of the parking lot before the park rangers locked the gate!

F-six

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2008
Netherlands
I enjoyed so many of your pictures here, I figured it's about time I post one of mine for you to enjoy. First try, so please be kind if anything goes wrong.

Sunset at Mallory Square in Key West

EXIF: ISO200, 85mm, 0ev, f/10, 1/250

Attachments

• 6 Mallory Square zonsondergang.jpg
    6 Mallory Square zonsondergang.jpg
    732.9 KB · Views: 128

GregPQ

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2010
Massachusetts
attachment.php
I set up the camera on the tripod, the focus/aperture/shutter speed and gave the remote control to my son. So this is a picture taken by whom? :rolleyes: C&C welcome, as always.
This is a remarkable portrait. Are you saying that your son took it himself? It's something he should always treasure.
Greg

ChefJayPeek

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2008
Suburban Texas
LumbermanSVO: I like that Corvette, I've got my eye on one that one day would look like that, too many other projects for now though :(

Mine for today...

EXIF Summary: 1/40s f/8.0 ISO1000 35mm (35mm eq:52mm)

Pan seared Tasmanian Sea Trout with Brussels sprout leaves, purple potatoes and Saffron cream.

Chef Jay

someoldguy

macrumors 68030
Aug 2, 2009
usa
After his 15 minutes of fame..... Waldo moves to the West Coast and becomes a HVAC technician.

waldo2.jpg

5d2 , 50 1.4@ f10 , 1/500 , iso 400

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.