Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fcortese

macrumors demi-god
Apr 3, 2010
Big Sky country
Early morning visitors. St Mark's Square, Venice

Venice Tour_005_2018_05_02_3980.jpg

Darmok N Jalad

macrumors 603
Sep 26, 2017
Tanagra (not really)
IMG_0393 2.jpg

This was an iPhone 6s shot, but the sky was just so striking that day. There are some rare days in the plain states where you can see what I guess are front boundaries. The sky will often be divided in two. Sometimes one half of the sky will be clear, and the other half entirely cloudy. This one doesn't quite capture it, but you kinda get the idea.

vpoms

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2010
Welcome to Photo of the Day. The POTD thread was started by iGary in May, 2006 and converted to a monthly thread in November 2007 by Arn. POTD is one of the most popular picture groups on MacRumors, often exceeding 500 posts and 20,000 views per month.

Photo of the Day is intended to be a showcase for your best pictures. There is no limit to your gear, just your imagination. P&S and film cameras are welcome along with DSLRs. There are no themes like the Weekly Contest, and no winners (or losers) either.

Policies

*One Photo per Day - Don't post more than one photo each day.

*Multi-Quote - To comment on several photos, click the "+ (Multi-Quote) button. This puts all your comments in one post. Multi-Quoting is required on all of the MacRumors forums.

*SFW (Safe for Work) only - This is a site - wide rule. If you wouldn't show it in a public place, then it's NSFW (not safe for work). Think before you post.

*Describe your photo - Tell what it is and where you took it. If you know the EXIF data of a photo, include it. The following EXIF fields are recommended: Camera, ISO, Focal Length, Shutter/Aperture and Lens.

Note: Anyone may start the Photo of the Day thread on the first of the month GMT. Please copy a quote of this post to maintain all the formatting.

** To see all of our past POTD threads (up to July 2013) please see the sticky thread here**
** To see all of the POTD threads from August 2013 onwards see the thread here**
[doublepost=1527805507][/doublepost]The local estuary the other day.

Canon 500D, Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8, Spot Metering, Aperture Priority
ISO 100, 50mm, f/11, 1/1250

41702690514_97be24e546_h.jpg

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
This is a repost of a shot I took last year but I’m using it as a shameless plug for a book that it appears in for charity.

The Leica User Forum runs a competition every few years where forum members make a donation and submit pictures to be judged by a panel for inclusion in a book that is sold for the charity Worldwide Cancer Research - https://www.worldwidecancerresearch.org

I was lucky enough to be chosen for inclusion this year with the pic below and was also in the top twenty, which means a large print version will be displayed in the Manchester Leica store gallery space in due course.

If you are interested in purchasing a copy of the book for this fantastic charity then there a couple of versions available here http://www.blurb.co.uk/b/8758572-leica-user-forum-book-2018 (and a 12x12 Version to be added imminently). I appreciate they aren’t cheap but if you like the piccies, have some spare cash and want to support the charity then have at it. £10 from every book purchased goes to the charity and the forum has raised over £25k since starting this in 2010.

40426527314_b42483211e_h.jpg

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
This is a repost of a shot I took last year but I’m using it as a shameless plug for a book that it appears in for charity.

The Leica User Forum runs a competition every few years where forum members make a donation and submit pictures to be judged by a panel for inclusion in a book that is sold for the charity Worldwide Cancer Research - https://www.worldwidecancerresearch.org

I was lucky enough to be chosen for inclusion this year with the pic below and was also in the top twenty, which means a large print version will be displayed in the Manchester Leica store gallery space in due course.

If you are interested in purchasing a copy of the book for this fantastic charity then there a couple of versions available here http://www.blurb.co.uk/b/8758572-leica-user-forum-book-2018 (and a 12x12 Version to be added imminently). I appreciate they aren’t cheap but if you like the piccies, have some spare cash and want to support the charity then have at it. £10 from every book purchased goes to the charity and the forum has raised over £25k since starting this in 2010.

Good work @MacRy and well done for the top 20 hit :)

Cheers :)

Hugh

Reactions: MacRy

Alexander.Of.Oz

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 29, 2013

Congratulations! Fabulous image and a great cause. Do they let you keep the print afterwards? Fingers crossed!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.