Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Martin C

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2006
New York City
flowergrainydf4.png

New York City
May 14th, 2008
D40 | 1/80 at ƒ/5.3 | 42 mm | ISO 800

Thanks Carl for the comment on my last post.

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
The obligatory shot of El Khazneh upon emerging from the Siq at Petra. Taken a few years ago with my trusty old Canon A80. I just loaded a bunch of old pics into Aperture and thought I would share this one.

ElKhazneh_FromSiq.jpg

RaceTripper

macrumors 68030
May 29, 2007
I have a race photo I really like compositionally, but it is just a bit too much out of focus, so someone suggested I "watercolor" it. What do you think...

lizard-WC.jpg

Father Jack

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2007
Ireland
Really, really nice photo Father Jack. Great contrasts in both color and tone.

Sorry to be such a newb ... but how do you get the 'click on pic for a larger image' ??? I'd really like to be able to do that.
Cheers AxisOfBeagles, glad you like the shot .... :)

About the "click on pic for larger image" facility, I hate to say but I really don't know .. :eek::eek: I discovered that it worked but not sure why.

What I do is:
I resize the image in Photoshop CS3 and save the result as a .jpg file to my desktop and upload the image from the desktop. Not sure if uploading from the desktop rather than from flicker etc is responsible or not. It just works.

Thanks again and I'm glad you enjoyed the photo.

FJ

dllavaneras

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
Caracas, Venezuela
First picture I post here! :)

<damselflies mating>

Nice shot! I rarely see red ones over here, just blue ones (Genus Ischnura).

I took a dragonfly pic on thursday that I liked, it's a new genus that I hadn't seen before. Taken with a Canon 400D + 100mm macro + Ring Lite:

Attachments

• Black spotted skimmer.jpg
    Black spotted skimmer.jpg
    903.3 KB · Views: 101

darh

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2005
Nice shot! I rarely see red ones over here, just blue ones (Genus Ischnura).

I took a dragonfly pic on thursday that I liked, it's a new genus that I hadn't seen before. Taken with a Canon 400D + 100mm macro + Ring Lite:

Nice one!! There are more red ones over here but i also shoot a blue one (although this isn't as nice)

IMG_0073.jpg

valdore

macrumors 65816
Jan 9, 2007
Kansas City, Missouri. USA
Last edited by xUKHCx : Today at 11:39 AM. Reason: quoted image, yet again

Okay, I thought we were supposed to use TIMG tags in this thread? That's what Doylem did, and I think TIMG tags are more useful in photo of the day threads because you can see what image is being discussed but without it being a nuisance. I hear every week on here to use TIMG tags, and when we do that, the post still gets edited?

jaysee

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2008
Night sky

This one was a hand-counted bulb-shot. The wonder of film (as I am slowly discovering) is that you don't know if it worked until it's developed -- very annoying when you're counting "one-cat-and-dog two-cat-and-dog". I like this photo little but not big and I can't work out why. Any suggestions welcome...

2476483153_50299885aa_o.jpg

On flickr...

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
Okay, I thought we were supposed to use TIMG tags in this thread? That's what Doylem did, and I think TIMG tags are more useful in photo of the day threads because you can see what image is being discussed but without it being a nuisance. I hear every week on here to use TIMG tags, and when we do that, the post still gets edited?

Yeah, I don't see why they have all of a sudden decided to start removing quoted images. I can understand if they change a large IMG to a TIMG, but there's no point in removing a TIMG. The image is already going to be cached on everyone's computer, so it doesn't use any bandwidth. Additionally, the images don't go through the MR servers at all so it doesn't use any additional MR bandwidth.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.