Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
3896525895_75761938b1_b.jpg

Very nice, Steamie... and it looks as sharp as a tack...

Madmic23

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2004
Fall is on the way....

Looks like our short, cold, Ontario summer is coming to an end.

I just bought my first additional lens for my camera. The camera is a Rebel XTi, and the new lens is the 50 mm 1.8. I was playing around with it on the weekend and this shot was one of my favorites.
I'm still learning what I can do with this little 50.

Attachments

• Fall is coming.jpg
    Fall is coming.jpg
    608.4 KB · Views: 83

Patriks7

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2008
Vienna
One of my first pictures from my 40D and the first one I edited, so go easy on me :D

Attachments

• IMG_1040 (3).jpg
    IMG_1040 (3).jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 98

someoldguy

macrumors 68030
Aug 2, 2009
usa
One of the Brooklyn bridge . It always seems to me that urban landscapes appear better in greyscale.

IMG_1043_1grey1318c.jpg
[/IMG]

Add me to those believing that the PHOTO of the day should be just that , a single submission from each participant . This ensure's that , first , there'll be a nice variety of submissions , and second , that the thread won't be taken over by a few bombarding the rest with masses of images .

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
I'd like to borrow some of those wonderful clouds, please...[glances up at blank, blue, California sky]...:::::sigh:::::

Ah... Fennario... Yes, I'll never complain about UK weather (well, OK, maybe now... 'cos it's been raining solidly for about 10 days... :eek:). The light can be wonderful... generally just before rain... or just after (so it's never far away... :)).

Steam loco...

steamam.jpg

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
My though is that limiting this to one photo per day per participant gives this thread a nice eclectic mix of photos to look at without having to burden people with 20 photos of their pet dog (for example).

Or Soccer Dads with 50 pics of their kid from the same Soccer game with their new D90... :eek:

:rolleyes:

Here's my upteenth pic of aircraft... (LOL...)

Olympus E-420 with Sigma 75-300 DL Lens (Nikon-F Mount). Don't remember all settings since the lens is manual.

e8acdaef59c44d55b9dc2259f229f066

Maxxamillian

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2004
Utah
For those who chimed in thanks...I think Phrasekleia made a good point on the speed of the thread..and how it would simply be faster than it is now with the added photos (tho my experience is that it is too fast...but then again I do not get a chance to post often). Not looking for another C&C thread (or to start another thread at that). But do still wonder if this is the best way to go about doing this...hence the original question. So once again thanks for the thoughts, there were some pretty good points made.

Re-cropped and lightened up a bit on some good advice I got. Hope it works better:

Moonrise over Mineral Basin

643547248_QdciV-XL.jpg

BuddyTronic

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
For those who chimed in thanks...I think Phrasekleia made a good point on the speed of the thread..and how it would simply be faster than it is now with the added photos (tho my experience is that it is too fast...but then again I do not get a chance to post often). Not looking for another C&C thread (or to start another thread at that). But do still wonder if this is the best way to go about doing this...hence the original question. So once again thanks for the thoughts, there were some pretty good points made.

Re-cropped and lightened up a bit on some good advice I got. Hope it works better:

Moonrise over Mineral Basin

643547248_QdciV-XL.jpg

Cool photo!

The driftwood looks like some dragon lizard monster coming out of the water!

macgeof

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2005
Sheffield:UK
Colours in Pushkar

Taken on day of Holi festival in Pushkar, Rajasthan before all hell broke loose with the colours!

Attachments

• IMG_6685.jpg
    IMG_6685.jpg
    363.9 KB · Views: 103

Chitoneus

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2008
Chicago
I just bought my first additional lens for my camera. The camera is a Rebel XTi, and the new lens is the 50 mm 1.8. I was playing around with it on the weekend and this shot was one of my favorites.
I'm still learning what I can do with this little 50.

I have the same camera and lens. You're going to have a lot of fun with that.

Chitoneus

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2008
Chicago
Here's my upteenth pic of aircraft... (LOL...)

Olympus E-420 with Sigma 75-300 DL Lens (Nikon-F Mount). Don't remember all settings since the lens is manual.

I'll see your propeller plane and raise you one. I jumped out of this one last week. :cool:

3903102095_923355311a_b.jpg

Steamie

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2006
Scotland
schotland0142.jpg

Glen Trool, Galloway

I never realised you were back over here , this is not far from where I live.

Camera: Pentax K10D
Exposure: 0.01 sec (1/100)
Aperture: f/9.0
Focal Length: 90 mm
ISO Speed: 100

@Doylem - Yip yesterdays shot was nice and sharp, I just bought myself a nice pentax Da* 16-50 lens which so far I'm loving :)

@PhrasikLeia - You can borrow our clouds anytime you like. ;)

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
I never realised you were back over here , this is not far from where I live.

I thought you lived more on the coast, near Prestwick. I remember we arranged to have a beer if I visited Scotland by plane again. Perhaps this winter I'll visit Scotland again. Galloway is a beautiful, I never visited it before.

jexzy

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2009
rome
3903706309_a542820179_o.jpg

playing with my camera today hope you can give me some c&c just to have another point of view from experts coz i'm totally new to photography tanx a lot :)

NeGRit0

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Las Vegas, Nv
MUCH better :D :D :D

Is there any way you can recompose the picture to take the subject out of the center? Would love to see what you come up with if anything...

Unfortunately The lil guy was gone when i got back home. My gf was already running late for work, and she yelled at me for stopping to take that pic. I suppose i could try to cropping it...

There's an (unspoken?) constraint on the Photo of the Day thread that only one photo can be posted...and for the life of me I cannot figure why this would be. (Holdover from the days when memory was more expensive maybe?)

My question is this....is it possible to change the format of this thread, the one that gets (by far) the most hits in a given month, in such a way that it would have more value added to this community? What if it were "Photos of the Day" or "C&C for the day" or something like that.

Thoughts?

I agree, i hate waiting a week to see a whole 'series' if you will. I think the thread can stay the same, but what if we up the max to 3 a day??

I don't see why something so successful needs fixing.{...}

I wouldnt say fixing per say, but i think it might need a little evolution......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.