Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Jacob Javitz Plaza in NYC.

javitz.jpg

Matsamoto

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2018
Halmstad, Sweden
Sunset over east coast, south of Sweden, 9pm
iPhone 12 Pro Max
Telephoto lens — 65 mm ƒ2.2, iso 400, 64 mm, 1/50 s
Se down below for more info.
tempImageqPBwjk.jpg

More info; this shot is almost from the same spot from my previous one. Only difference is a day after.
No editing or photo enchantment are made.
The evening sunsets in Sweden late summers are astonishingly beautiful.
The only shame about this shot, is the awful towers on the other side.

Ish

macrumors 68020
Nov 30, 2004
UK
To start the month of September right, the photo below is one of a kind. It holds a very special place inside my heart. Something I will never forget. Believe it or not, getting there was not an easy task. It was a total nightmare. I drove well 300+ miles just to take this photo. Taking off from Santa Barbara, California to Los Angeles, California. Caught myself stuck in busy traffic, driving safely and fast, hoping I would be able to catch the California sunset. Hoping I make it there and it doesn’t get too dark. Hoping it is not going to be too crowded and I can capture this spectacular photo. Rest assured everything worked out. 💫

Most of you may have seen this famous shot somewhere however my story is different. After arriving at this hidden spot. I was truly amazed by the spectacular view. I was just left speechless. It was a breathtaking moment, I did not know what to say to myself anymore. It instantly took my breath away. Suddenly it dawned on me, how I have made it here. All the way living from in a poor third-world country to this... facing desperate times and hunger, getting kicked out of school to going to grad school, and then graduating with a Master's Degree with honors, just the value of this precious time, life, and opportunities... Just a different level of mindset in a different world, something I really can't explain with words on a personal level...

The gloomy sky, the L.A. skyline shinning through, The L.A. downtown red lights blinking at the top of the buildings back to back in slow motion, the L.A. traffic, the sound of cars, the sound of the helicopter, the smell of gasoline, the rush hour of people heading to different places and most importantly the amazing view of the DTLA just left me completely speechless. It was truly stunningly amazing. I stood there and watched this view for hours like a little girl. 🙇🏻‍♀️

It just felt like I could stay here forever and watch this spectacular view. This is truly what the American Dream looks like on the West Coast. ✨ The Land of Opportunity! ✨

View attachment 2049583

hzgJs9RuKn3HNDA9NkJb_J3gb8hkyk5KqXJin16_2G2dg82JSE_I3cv_HUTEIKooZDUYSUJ4jN_OKy89Gh7mFK6_c8FD5xZXwexPmBGiv6jcc5WAezwVaRFgFSemZWKwp3y9JK-m51qnlrYYEM_dbT9wv_WxQWP9yABE-PZRJokW5DZ-4Rsd_EIg5g
Interstate and State Route
r1JyYBtGyYL68cRGIznHH9vcP02rXJgqfaGR8RLkrIEGcvYiUUqxSYoDIvvoWu1h7oeuXKvypp5Ao1PGue10dBZc46wJ7PGVpJd6md4r8xXEnxoiuiv4Tz239Upgryl5iJPP_ng3AWPGGDLLXqUlEwPr4bEi_hWEJalBSaLsCqU7KVwwARAQe1xBVw
110 Freeway, City of Angels, Los Angeles, California, USA.
What a beautiful start to the month! Thank you for sharing your story and photo with us.

I've no idea where this is really, but I'm going to hazard a guess that this is along the coast in SE France and that they may be contrails going to and from Nice airport. Now you can prove me completely wrong! 😁

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
A sighting of our resident rattlesnake 2 evenings ago. He/she is about 5 feet long and quite docile as long as we respect each others space.

View attachment 2050168

It's the fake rattlesnakes that are so funny. I ran into a snake that shook his tail with such ferocity and it was all a fake! I still left it alone. Something going through all that to fake it I guess has more problems than me poking around it...

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
Showing off the tendency of the little Fuji to smudge greens. Not sure if this is due to the teeny CMOS sensor or because the lens changes focal length by moving internal elements instead of extending its length.
Fuji XP90 camera.

View attachment 2050144

Laughing because there is an island not far away that when 'stacking' was a huge thing, someone took the time to do some elaborate stacks of rocks and wood. They even made some arches. Some probably took several hours. I mean, neat, but they could have also picked up trash and helped people get around the island too. *shrug* But it's something to do. Saves us from Pacing the cage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.