Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
i'm just trotting my mockup out again since since this latest rumour depicts something a little less asymmetrical than the initial concepts:

This is the best looking phone mockup i have ever seen. If the final thing looks like this then......wow.

Reach9

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2010
In America
I really hope that we'll either see an iPhone 5, like this:
screen_shot_2011-08-31_at_4-30.png

Or like this:
screen-shot-2011-09-01-at-9-56-34-am.png

I wouldn't mind either.

theperipheral

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2008
iphone-5-case-with-iphone-4-macytinet-001.jpg

iphone-5-case-with-ipod-touch-macytinet-001.jpg

This is that case that leaked a while ago with the 4 and the Touch in it.

If the new iPhone is a redesign like this topic is saying it is, then it's definitely going to be a bigger phone. Looks like the bigger phone version would fit perfectly in this case if you compare the phone to case ratio.

Last edited:

MacAgnostic

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2010
Bellevue, WA

This is that case that leaked a while ago with the 4 and the Touch in it.

If the new iPhone is a redesign like this topic is saying it is, then it's definitely going to be a bigger phone. Looks like the bigger phone version would fit perfectly in this case if you compare the phone to case ratio.
To get an idea of how much larger an iPhone would need to be to fit that case, I created the following image. I only altered the screen and frame size, other elements are mostly the same.

At 2.7" x 4.9" it is 0.4" wider and 0.5" taller; the screen measures 4.2" diagonal @ 275 ppi.

Attachments

• iPhone 5 size.png
    iPhone 5 size.png
    562.6 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

theperipheral

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2008
To get an idea of how much larger an iPhone would need to be to fit that case, I created the following image. I only altered the screen and frame size, other elements are mostly the same.

At 2.7" x 4.9" it is 0.4" wider and 0.5" taller; the screen measures 4.2" diagonal @ 275 ppi.

I don't think so. If you look at the current iphone in that case, it'd only need to be wider and taller by a cm or 2 max. Maybe you did that, and it just appears absolutely enormous. I don't think Apple's going any bigger than a 3.8 on the screen, just because from what I've read that's the highest they can go and maintain "retina" resolution.

MacAgnostic

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2010
Bellevue, WA
I don't think so. If you look at the current iphone in that case, it'd only need to be wider and taller by a cm or 2 max. Maybe you did that, and it just appears absolutely enormous. I don't think Apple's going any bigger than a 3.8 on the screen, just because from what I've read that's the highest they can go and maintain "retina" resolution.
Well, wider by 1cm IS 0.4".
I performed a perspective correction and calculated the difference based on the iPod Touch image, it DOES come to about 1cm in each dimension vs. the iPhone 4.
I won't argue about "retina" or whether this is even a case for any existing or imagined phone.
I do agree, this appears absolutely enormous.

Attachments

• iPod perspective correction.png
    iPod perspective correction.png
    276.7 KB · Views: 99

theperipheral

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2008
I performed a perspective correction and calculated the difference based on the iPod Touch image, it DOES come to about 1cm in each dimension vs. the iPhone 4.
I won't argue about "retina" or whether this is even a case for any existing or imagined phone.

why did you use the ipod touch image? i don't know the exact measurements of the touch and i'm too lazy to look it up but from the other images, it would appear that the touch is a bit smaller than the iphone.

ALR26

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2011
And you were afraid of losing your debit card in public before...wait til it's the size of your thumbnail!

Why can't Apple make the iPhone to have a fingerprint scanner or use the camera as a retnal scanner for debit/credit/identity purposes. lol

Yumunum

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2011
U.S.

But not enormous enough.. ;) depends on your view! I'm a big phone person

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.