Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
idkew said:
it is not a pregnancy test.

think hard about the significance of the three letters.

All I got from it was a drug test...specifically for THC in Marijuana....but I think that's where neut was going...

yahooz

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2004
Some girl's baseball shots from yesterday... not the greatest...but none of my shots are going to be :)

Attachments

• ba12-2-mr.jpg
    ba12-2-mr.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 120
  • ba5-2-mr.jpg
    ba5-2-mr.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 129

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
idkew said:
it is not a pregnancy test.

think hard about the significance of the three letters.

Ten Hot Camels? Two Hot Canadians? Three Hot Checkoslavakians?

i guess they've got one for everything huh? ;)

caset2.jpg

so here's another road shot (would you expect anything else?):

0086.jpg

i need to get out of the car more. :D

peace.

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
Neut, that driving shot is neat. The trees seem to merge into the clouds. I need to get out of the car more as well.

Nice shots Mike! I love your shots of the detritus of Pittsburgh...

JDar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2003
Moxiemike said:
Here's some shots from my outings over the last week:

]

Those are great images, and to produce those in only a week--really impressive.

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
idkew said:
Took some shots of an F-22 Raptor on I-80 today.

Posted in their own thread here.

Cool to see we now have our own form here now! Go Photography.

Interesting you should post that today. I live near Tampa (used to live in Tampa) which houses Mac Dill AFB and there is an air show on saturday, which I'll have to miss sadly. Anyway the Blue Angels were flying all over the place all day. I was picking up my gf from school and everyone looked up...I thought it looked like some F-18s (well FA-18 Hornets to be exact)...they were flying pretty cool with just two planes not really in formation....they did a few barrel rolls etc....I also thought they could be like some F-15Es though I didn't think they flew those anymore. Sure enough later as we drove farther away, my gf was on the phone and missed it, they flew not more than 1k ft. above the city and as I looked out the window I saw the bottom of one as it turned. It was pretty sweet, but I wish I had my camera out.

I miss the F-16s they used to fly. At least I think they used to fly 16s. I really liked the F-16....they try to say the F-18 is better and more maneuverable...but I always thought that in different video I had seen that the F-16 looks much more agile. It was almost able to make a 90° turn at near full speed (without afterburner I'm sure), and it has these little wheels on the edge of the wing which did something to the air which made it more agile. Hmmm...now I want to look this stuff up. Wish I could get pics at the airshow. It is, however, one of my great grandmothers' birthdays and I happen to be off so I don't quite think that'll happen :(

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
idkew said:
no new picts for me to look at?

i've taken quite a few photos lately, but haven't had time to edit anything. i've been having some... ummm, girl problems. :rolleyes:

don't worry, i'll be back to my regularly scheduled 'post-a-pic-a-day' soon!

peace.

btw- where is everyone else?

idkew - how'd you do that self-portrait cell-phone shot? here

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been around much lately...BTW, what's going on with the disposable camera deal? I've got a kodak funsaver sitting on my dresser just waiting to be unwrapped! Well...I guess I'll post some stuff eventually...I've really been working on a blog for myself....

if your interested:
http://blog.gra-phix.com/

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
idkew - hey, what ever works for ya'. mirrors... pictures of your choroid ;) at least eye was in the right area. :D

zync - nice blog... too bad im a blog hater. i kinda view it like the atkin's diet; i don't care what wired says, **** blogs! :p

****, i keep forgetting to get a damn disposable! i'll try to snag one this week.

i might find some time to edit. maybe i'll even post a picture today?

peace.

edited: for lack of self-esteem... thanks bousozoku, for making fun of my dyslexia.

idkew

macrumors 68020
i have had my disposable for two weeks now, and shot one pict with it.

it is just not the same as my digi. i can't do my macros with it, as the focus is 3' to infinity (what key combo is the infinity symbol? i looked in keycaps...)

plus, without instant feedback, manual settings, this is a tough one for me.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
neut said:
idkew - hey, what ever works for ya'. mirrors... pictures of your choroid ;) at least eye was in the right area. :D

zync - nice blog... too bad im a blog hater. i kinda view it like the atkin's diet; i don't care what wired says, **** blogs! :p

****, i keep forgetting to get a damn deposable! i'll try to snag one this week.

i might find some time to edit. maybe i'll even post a picture today?

peace.

You can do that to blogs? omg :p

Hmmm, the last deposable was Jean-Betrand Aristide (sp?), so you might want to choose a disposable instead.

Maybe I should post another low light, slow shutter photo for your to manipulate. :D

slowtreme

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2003
Tampa FL
zync said:
I miss the F-16s they used to fly. At least I think they used to fly 16s. I really liked the F-16....they try to say the F-18 is better and more maneuverable...but I always thought that in different video I had seen that the F-16 looks much more agile. It was almost able to make a 90° turn at near full speed (without afterburner I'm sure), and it has these little wheels on the edge of the wing which did something to the air which made it more agile.
The Blue Angles never flew F-16's. That's an Air-Force jet. Before the FA-18 they used the A-4F Skyhawk II from 1974 to 1986.

The AirForce Thunderbirds currently use the F-16. As to which is more manuverable, it's hard to say, they both have better max rates in differing areas. The FA-18 has a higher payload, thrust to weight, Max thrust, and can take off and land from a carrier deck. The F-16 has a higher ceiling (over 50,000ft) and higher top speed at that altitude Mach 2.0 (the FA-18 is 1.7 at 35,000ft)

I'd much rather be in an F-18 for two reasons. Engine one and Engine two.

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
neut - actually I too hate blogs....but whatever I figure maybe I'll make a mockery out of them? I dunno I don't want it to be some self-important POS though....BTW nice pic above!

slowtreme - yeah I realized that after a little while....I had forgotten the blue angels were navy...I thought somewhere I read the F-16 was max at mach 1.5 but 2.0 seems way more likely and that it's ceiling was 50k ft....anyway I'd still rather have the F-16 for maneuverability, etc. The two engines vs. one engine thing is a big deal but I don't recall an F-16 losing power to it's engine, and being hit with any modern missile would most likely destroy both of the F-18's engines...

anyway so you live in tampa too eh? wherabout?

bousozoku - thanks for the comment about my blog....BTW did anyone notice that when you mouse over the Joe:Blog text it displays the page title next to it? I tried to make it work with the alt title too but that didn't work :)

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
zync said:
neut - actually I too hate blogs....but whatever I figure maybe I'll make a mockery out of them? I dunno I don't want it to be some self-important POS though....BTW nice pic above!<snip>....BTW did anyone notice that when you mouse over the Joe:Blog text it displays the page title next to it? I tried to make it work with the alt title too but that didn't work :)

it's actually one of the nicer blogs i've seen. a few guys here at work are tweakin' with those things. i don't have any interest in them yet... (i try to stick to Flash if possible) so i'll just rape their minds for the info after they've done all the work :D.

it does have some resizing issues (post titles run into the post dates), but nothing that would be noticed when viewing 800x600+. no one should be running under that anyways... it's just retarded.

mnkeybsness - nice pics. i can't remember what camera your shooting with.

everyone - wtf happened to tazo???

dammit, i was at Albertson's yesterday and i still didn't get a stinkin' disposable (not: deposable ;)). :( i'll post some pics later... i have the feeling i'll have some time on my hands.

peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.