photos still blurry after 2.2.1?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yelnref, Jan 28, 2009.

1. yelnref macrumors member

I'm confused... many people are saying that this cock up has been fixed by 2.2.1... yet, after updating, I have a 4Mb photo that was emailed to me that when I save it to the camera roll is still blurry?

What gives?

Did Apple change the meaning of the phrase 'bug fix'? Or am I missing something?

2. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

3. jsimpson macrumors regular

jsimpson

4. cypher23 macrumors member

cypher23

me also...you might want to double check that 2.2.1 was actually installed. if it is, then I would try to restore or delete the 2.2.1 ipsw file and re-download it.

5. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Post this photo so we can test it... Geeze... how are we supposed to know for sure if ours is fixed or not? From all the tests I did, mine seems fixed.

6. Hutch1 macrumors 6502a

Hutch1

7. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Fixed mine. I saved a family photo emailed to me from my wife on 2.2 and it was blurry in the Camera Roll. Once I updated to 2.2.1 it shows up clear. Sorry to hear you're having problems.

8. jhoc macrumors newbie

mine is still blurry. I had a 4.2mb photo and viewed it perfectly in gmail, via my sent email. I then tap to save it to the roll and its blury. Is there an upper limit to how big or which res these photos need to be for the bug fix to actually fix?

9. jhoc macrumors newbie

Can't post the photo due to size limits. It was taken from a 12.0mpx cam on highest res photo setting. I'm sure its more the size of the photo than the the photo itself so could someone whose is fixed try and reproduce or confirm they're able to clearly see like photos?

10. jhoc macrumors newbie

here is the next best thing-

I took a screen shot from my email account showing the pic in high res and perfect. I then took a screen shot showing the same pic via my camera roll after being saved down in its blury form.

Attached Files:

11. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Which method did you use to save the photo to your camera roll? Did you:

A: Tap and hold the image and tap Save
    B: Tap the little folder icon at the bottom and Save All

I'm not saying either of these is the wrong way, but I wanna see if saving differently results in different outcomes.

12. jhoc macrumors newbie

The posted images are from method A. I just gave method B a go and the result is no different.

13. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Okay.

You said the photo is high res right? I'll try sending myself a high res photo (jpg?) of 1350x2025...

14. jhoc macrumors newbie

yeah, jpg. The file says it is 2736x3648
    Came off a Nikon S60.

15. Rojo macrumors 65816

Rojo

My boyfriend had a blurry photo after the update too, and I told him it was fixed for me. I then sent him a photo and he tried again, and it was clear. We determined the reason why the first photo was blurry was because it was quite huge. So there's definitely a limit...

16. redman042 macrumors 68020

Try a phone reset. Maybe it was just taking a long time to render the large photo.

Or do what I did to fix blurry photos before the 2.2.1 update. Open them in the Photogene app, then resave them. Photogene is a great app and well worth the $ anyway.

17. stevearm macrumors 6502a

Same problem with me.

2 MB photo is still blurry even after 2.2.1

18. rc51aaron macrumors member

Did a test before and after the 2.2.1 update , mine is definately fixed...

19. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I found a test photo. This photo definitely comes out blurry when saved. Download the photo here:

http://web.me.com/thespaz/red_flower.jpg

... From your iPhone Safari and save the image by tapping on it and holding until the save option shows up.

20. ShannonKnight macrumors newbie

Greetings, I still have the same blurry picture issues I had with 2.2 and I have no clue what might cause them.

Here is the picture I am downloading. -> http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/943642/53353
    I tap screen and save the picture.
    In the cam roll or even when I mail it to myself it looks VERY blurry.

Can anyone confirm the issue with that picture?

21. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Look at the post above yours.

22. ShannonKnight macrumors newbie

Well your large flower comes out blurry at my phone too, the thing is the picture I am refering to, has like 400kb. So aparently it has nothing to do with image size.

23. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

That's a pretty big PNG file though. If it were a JPG, it probably would have been fine. I have no idea how this issue started showing up in 2.2. Why can't we just have it the way it was in 2.1?

24. yelnref thread starter macrumors member

very weird. don't really understand how difficult this could be for apple to fix once and for all, especially as using Photogene as redman suggested (in #14 above) works...