photos wont rotate when viewing in 4.1?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MyRomeo, Sep 2, 2010.

1. MyRomeo macrumors 6502

MyRomeo

Is this just me or are others finding this?

Go to photos app, load any pic and turn your phone sideways, mine will not rotate the picture, ive tried turning on and off again, upside down, both sides... nothing.

glitch or just me?

ps - rotate works in everything else.

2. handheldgames macrumors 6502a

handheldgames

I have the exact same problem... Rotate works everywhere else EXCEPT in the photo viewer. Very frustrating.

Anyone else?

3. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Were these pictures synced, screenshots, or taken with the Camera app? I don't have this issue with an iPhone 4 running 4.1...

4. Nokaoi macrumors regular

Problem

I had a similar problem lastnight. It was everything. Not one native or third party app wanted to rotate. So I did a hard reset and everything is fine now. Seems to a lot of glitches out there with 4.1.

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Well, they are rotating for me but I've noticed it's a LOT less sensitive in 4.1.

Sometimes I have to rotate the phone 3 or 4 times before it'll actually turn the picture. Clearly they changed something and it looks like it's being even more aggressive with some phones than with others.

6. handheldgames macrumors 6502a

handheldgames

** confirmed fix **

Performing a hard reset by holding home and power until shutdown and power cycling back on corrects the issue. A standard power cycle does not fix the issue.

Thx for the tip!!