Picked up another 23" ACD

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by bld44, Oct 5, 2007.

1. bld44 macrumors 6502

These are kinda unboxing pictures. Glad I went for a second display! These things are great.

[​IMG]
    Love these boxes. I can only imagine how big a 30" ACD box is.

[​IMG]
    Getting them setup.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The whole shabam.

2. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Nice. Congrats!

Tonight, I just un-boxed my new 20" ACD. After I got the new Apple Wireless Keyboard, I decided to make my ext. monitor setup for my 17" MBP permanent. I had a 19" wide screen Envision, which was ok (color qual. not terriffic), and it was only 1440. This is my first ACD and it's perfect. Aside from the higher DPI, it just looks crisper. And, of course, looks great in living room. :)

3. bld44 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, congratulations to you too. I used to use some old sony LCD as my monitor (think it was a 15") and was also amazed when I got my first ACD earlier this year. The image quality is fantastic. You'll love it!

4. jarenado macrumors regular

jarenado

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

6. CPPhoto macrumors member

i just picked up a second 23" as well

im kind of concerned though...it seems as though the contrast and color depth between the two is slightly different. Either one is overly contrasty, or i dont know what. I took the one i just bought back and got another one and it seems it is less contrasty and deep in color ( i set both to the regular solid blue background)

any ideas?

7. itsallinurhead macrumors 6502

itsallinurhead

I wish I had another way to power another 23" display. Damn MBP and only one ACD. :mad:

8. bld44 thread starter macrumors 6502

Same problem. The backlight probably has gotten some use and isn't as bright as it once was with your original monitor. Calibrate, calibrate, and calibrate ;)

9. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

I'm ready to buy a 23" ACD for my 17" MBP, but am holding out to see if it gets a refresh in the next month or so. Maybe when Leopard is announced this month, but I'll wait a bit longer if necessary. I would love to see something between 23 and 30, like a 26 or 27.

10. bld44 thread starter macrumors 6502

I noticed today that the new display is flickering. There's nothing that can be interfering around it, as its only the new one. I've switched DVI ports between the two, turned them on and off, etc., and the new one still flickers. Should I have it exchanged? I think so.

11. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

I would say yes. Flickering is a real issue, especially if it is just the new display.

12. gotzero macrumors 68040

I recently got two 23" ACDs and a C2D Mini, really enjoying the displays. I am laughing at the world of computing because everything I got is being rumored to be updated... It is so nice to have so much screen estate!

Edited for bad pic link.

13. bld44 thread starter macrumors 6502

I had an appointment with an Apple Genius tonight. They swapped it out for a new one, but tried to blame it on my video card (which obviously wasn't the case). For some reason, the one with the flicker was a week 23 and this one is a week 30. Much less noticeable difference with my original screen and the new one (the flickering screen was almost blue, my original is slightly yellow, the new one is much closer to my original but not yellow). No cosmetic damages to this one out of the box either. Let's hope this one lasts well for me!

14. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

That's great, I hope they continue to work well together.

15. Steve Jobs=God macrumors 6502

the second they put a connection in the ACD's to let me hook them up to my Xbox 360 i'm picking one of these up, already got my tv going through eyeTV so the console is the only thing holding me up

16. Poseidon macrumors regular

Poseidon

Since I'm jealous and I've love to do this....

Is something like this - the dual screen set-up - doable for an IMac and if so, what sort of extra equipment do I need (beyond the monitors of course)?