Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deuxani

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
Is it possible Apple could just make the top and bottom bezels and include 3D Touch for the bottom bezel so if you press it, it just functions as a home button and they could make Touch ID the whole bottom part?

In theory that should be possible yes. But I think the bottom bezel will be a bit too small on this new iPhone to be able to comfortably press it.

It will be interesting to see how they do the function row, what purpose will it serve for example? A Touch Bar feature is very useful on a Mac but a similar feature on a phone is completely different because it's a hand held device but also it's a smartphone. I personally don't mind if the iPhone 5.8" doesn't fit in the 4.7" I'm currently using a 5.5" iPhone 7 Plus and I like the form factor.

Maybe it will be a mixture of the force touch trackpad and the touch bar, with tapping, force clicking, swiping and for some apps extra functions.

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
If the "usable" space is under 5.5" then I'm definitely getting the 7S+ this year and hopefully they will incorporate the new tech on a Plus iPhone for 2018.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.