Pics of Invisible Shield on 3G iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by pittster, Jul 18, 2008.

1. pittster macrumors regular

hope the pics come out.
    very tricky to perform. took about 45 mins.
    still not very happy.
    the front was so awful I removed it, according to the Zagg rep who emailed me this is a manufacturing problem they are having (lines/creases in the plastic not caused by dust or poor fitting technique).

Attached Files:

2. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

Damn, I was seriously considering getting one of these for my phone. I think I'll have to look at some alternatives now.

3. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Looks like you got your corners down pretty well - a little overlap on one, but overall a good job. I actually did mine last night, ended up pulling it off today and trying to install #2 (I always buy them in pairs, for just this reason) but that one ended up completely FUBAR'd so I threw them both away in disgust. :eek:

Meh. I guess I'll just have to be careful. I'll probably end up buying a cheap-o crystal film or something, although I'm actually not that concerned about scratches with this thing - I figure I won't really see the back, EVER ... ;)

Anyway, good job. If I had a black iPhone I'd definitely have the I.S. on their, no questions asked!

4. born4sky macrumors 6502a

born4sky

5. stockcerts macrumors 65816

I am going to get a clear hard case. For the previous IPhone Griffen had an IClear, which I liked. Belkin has a similar model, but I don't think they're available yet.

6. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

Bodyguardz is the same material, and looked exactly the same as that. That stuff will only work on a white iphone, period. Its ugly as sin if you dont have white.

Back to looking for SOMETHING to protect the back....

7. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

My Ghost Armor looks a lot better than that but I think it may be the way you put it on. I have IS on my Touch and it didn't look like that.

8. pittster thread starter macrumors regular

I did spend a lot of time doing it, but to be honest I think the cut-outs for the 3G iPhone arent too accurate. I spent a lot of time trying to line up all the holes (headphone input, camera, and worst of all the vol switch) but it never seemed to line up entirely.

9. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

They are crap.... it would take an art major to get it on there without looking retarded.

10. Donz0r macrumors 6502a

Bodyguardz is NOT the same material.

Look at this thread
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=523209
    Post 23 for pics of BodyGuardz on a black iPhone 3G, you cant even see it except on the corners where the seams are, totally different than IS.

good thing I cancelled my IS order yesterday and ordered bodyguardz, My bodyguardz shipped within 24 hours, the IS can take up to 2 weeks.

11. pittster thread starter macrumors regular

I ordered my IS on Monday and received yesterday.

12. albeli macrumors 6502

albeli

13. HaroldC macrumors regular

I just installed the IS yesterday and it didn't come out as well as your did. I have a bunch of bubbles (minuscule, that couldn't get squeezed out) and 2 of the 4 corners did not come out great.

Did you notice any improvement after 24 hrs? 48 hrs?

btw - ordered my BG yesterday and they shipped it out the same day! Looking forward to the better fit and smoother finish. :)

14. chas0001 macrumors 6502a

chas0001

I gave up with InvisibleShield. When the application goes wrong, it goes really wrong. Also the quality of the product was suspect. BodyGuardz are the best in my opinion as the skin seemed to me to be easier to apply. It also has less dimpling.

15. DanielJvdBerg macrumors regular

I received mine today and it is HORRIBLE. It doesn't fit on the top and especially bottom, and the corners are hell. I still tried putting it all on for 2 hours + but it still looks horrible... Asked for a replacement from ZAGG:mad:.

16. iBookfan macrumors 6502

iBookfan

How can you guys apply water on your iPhone and feeling good about it?:confused:

17. SimplyBlue macrumors member

I'm so glad I canceled my IS order because I knew the texture look would drive me nuts on my iPhone. Now to see if I go with BodyGuardz or the FullBodyFilms one when it is released.

18. badgerman macrumors 6502a

Just got an email from full body films saying it will be released on Monday

19. meagain macrumors 68030

In the house I have: Invisible Shield, BodyGuardz, BestSkinsEver (bse). I'm going to examine all and dry fit them as best I can before choosing one.
    Will let you all know how they compare with how they're cut/size, etc.

20. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I just applied a BSE to the back of my 3g and I have to say it looks a lot better than that, and doesn't nearly have that amount of orange peel effect.

21. WillieAames macrumors newbie

Agreed. BSEs applied correctly look fantastic. They're actually pretty easy to install if you do it properly, and shouldn't take more than 20 minutes (I made the mistake of not reading the instructions the first time).

22. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

Glad a cancelled my order for the IS and went with bodyguardz. IS looks like complete crap.

23. ziggie216 macrumors 6502

BSE for $7.99 Total Body Skin :confused: compare to everyone else who's pricing it for +20.

24. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

:mad:

I'm suppose to pick up my ZAGG IS today at UPS. What do I do when I go to pick it up? Can I just tell UPS that I refuse the package and to return it to sender? And then I just call ZAGG to give me a refund? Or do I call first before I send it back. I even ordered shield for my Macbook and slip PSP! :( I'm thinking I ought to give it a try first but will I get my money back if I'm not satisfied?

25. findnemo macrumors regular

I use the invisible shield on my ipod because I always stick it in my pocket so no one ever sees it but with the iphone......no way.

Thanks for putting these really high quality pictures up. Even though the shield looks horrible on the 3g.....thanks for putting such effort to warn us.