Pics of my Invisible Shield installation on iP4

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Kadin, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Kadin macrumors 6502a

Kadin

Not a bad job I think... Definitely required some finesse. Small imperfections should diminish I think over the next day or so. But this was $29 for front and back. You can get it $5 cheaper through Zagg directly though. I don't have the patience though... Pics are rather large so they're linked. Here ya go:

Front

Back

[More Pics below]

2. macjram macrumors 6502a

macjram

3. gringo0505 macrumors newbie

idk why but that zagg shield looks different than mine. Is that dry application? I had to spray mine with applicator liquid and the actual shield is shiny and looks like an orange peel.

4. phas3 macrumors 65816

any chance you guys can get me a high res picture? can you tell that something is on the screen?

5. Kadin thread starter macrumors 6502a

Kadin

Nope this package had a small bottle of applicator fluid in it. Sprayed it on my hands and then the shields. This was after maybe an hour of drying. Also I put the phone at such an angle to get as less glare as possible. It does still have quite a bit of glare. Would pics with that help?

Sadly this is the highest res I can get. :(

6. dmx macrumors 6502a

I'm disappointed with mine.

I followed the instructions step by step, even used a blow dryer to dry it - on and off for at least a couple hours.

I turned my phone on and I have perfectly vertical rainbow lines all across the protector. Immediately turned it off to allow it to continue to dry for a couple more hours... The lines remained. I don't understand how these could be due to installation errors - why would they ALL be perfectly vertical, and none at an angle and non horizontal?

All I can say is I can't wait until the Power Support shields come out. I'll just deal with this for now.

7. macjram macrumors 6502a

macjram

can you take a picture while the screen is on?

8. Kadin thread starter macrumors 6502a

Kadin

9. macjram macrumors 6502a

macjram

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I am very impressed. I had an invisibleshield on my 3Gs but this forum had me doubting. I still have a Wrapsol coming in the mail, but I'll have to wait for it to arrive to see if I'm gonna be taking off my invisible shield on my iPhone 4

btw; did you put the home button shield on?

10. phas3 macrumors 65816

thank you, any complaints? can you tell the shield is there? or does it look like you just took it out of the box?

11. Kadin thread starter macrumors 6502a

Kadin

One last set of pics... with Bumper on now:

Front

Back

No complaints at all really. There's some minor blemishes but with the bumper on it, I can't see em. To me it looks very natural. Doesn't seem to cut out from the screen quality at all. Very happy with it. Just wish they included more than 1 for that price as some might get frustrated in the beginning and lose out on $30...

12. Kadin thread starter macrumors 6502a

Kadin

You know... I didn't. I figured that's ok to go naked. :D

13. ludawg23 macrumors 6502

Great pics but this shows me exactly why I don't like Zagg.

Look at the reflection of the front and back pics, you can tell there's something there. It looks "rubbery" and not clear....completely eliminates the glass look

I'll stick with Wrapsol or Power Support, their front films are clear...you can't even tell there's something on the phone.

14. Kadin thread starter macrumors 6502a

Kadin

Yeah I agree. You can definitely tell they're on. I wish Powersupport sold a full body and locally. I might still end up with their AG front screen as I loved it on my 3GS. This will do for now and if it proves 'sticky' too much on touching the screen, then I might order the PS.

15. Khryz macrumors 6502a

Mine went on easy - though I didn't expect it to be difficult with the phone being flat on both sides. The adhesive on the skins was A LOT stickier than what comes on the BestSkinsEver.

If I messed up the placement a bit on the Zagg I had to peel it off hard - but that's good because once it's in place it basically snatches down and I feel like I can use it now and it's been only 30 min. The BSE takes forever for it to dry and stick. Zagg is much stickier.

Though this is only temporary until my Wrapsol comes, and then the Power Support screen.

16. macjram macrumors 6502a

macjram

thats exactly my plan, haha. I'm gonna use my invisibleshield warranty to get a new one for my mom when she gets her white iPhone 4 tho so its not like its going to waste =]

17. Orbane macrumors member

I've got the shield on the back of my device, drying as we speak.

I'm unsure as to if i'm going to place the front protector on; I don't so much mind the texture of the invisibleShield, but if it in any way impacts the gorgeous retina display, it's a no-go for me. Have you noticed any difference in the clarity of the screen?

I figure i'll probably go with the power support. But until it is available, I am at a loss as what to do; is the front glass strong enough to avoid scratches with 2-3 weeks of general use?

Choices are basically go naked until PowerSupport is available, or use invisibleShield then remove it for PowerSupport

Suggestions?

18. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Looks good mine came out good and is holding up so far

19. ihonda macrumors 68000

im feeling that bumper for some reason, it sorta completes the look of the phone if u ask me

20. bsadelman macrumors newbie

How long did you let the invisible shield dry before putting on the bumper. I got the invisible shield installed at best buy, and i have both the reveal and the black bumper to choose from. How long should i wait before trying to fit them?? Thanks

21. Kadin thread starter macrumors 6502a

Kadin

Well I put the bumper on about and hour and a half afterward. Probably not long enough but I put it on slow and made sure the edges didn't dig into the shields. They didn't get pushed up anywhere and I figured the pressure of the bumper might help it keep setting properly.

22. bsadelman macrumors newbie

Any reason you are using the bumper? Did you think about the Griffin Reveal? Just want to get others opinions. Thanks

23. Kadin thread starter macrumors 6502a

Kadin

No specific reason. It was the only option when I went in to Apple this afternoon and actually like the fit and design. I went to Best Buy and saw what they offered but didn't like those options. I wanted something with a little bit better grip yet keeping the profile as thin as possible. Still looking at others though as I seem to never be happy... :D

24. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

Agreed, they add good protection from what I've seen, but that watery look to them ruins it for me. In my mind a screen protector should protect the screen from scratches while seeming like it isn't there (other than the edges around the home button and other cutouts). This watery look just seems distracting. I'll probably stick with the static-cling type for any ones that I buy.

25. gmail macrumors member

I'm glad I didn't make the mistake of buying an InvisibleShield after seeing those pictures. You can already tell they're already going to peel out based on the edge issues evident in the photos taken. I still find it hilarious that people keep going with the IS even after all the negative reviews that are on this forum. It looks like the film they're using is the exact same one they used for their 3G/3GS.

Thanks for the pictures!