Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lyrca

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2017
France
Took this on the X with no editing...

419122_AB-2_A84-454_B-9685-_B57318564_BEC.jpg

This is amazing !

CrazyForCashews

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2018
I know people have said that the XS/Max camera is better than the X, but just looking at these photos are mind blowing especially coming from a smartphone. They look fantastic and it goes to show that we've come to a point of diminishing returns on newer phones with "better" cameras.

ToddH

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2010
Central Tx
I know people have said that the XS/Max camera is better than the X, but just looking at these photos are mind blowing especially coming from a smartphone. They look fantastic and it goes to show that we've come to a point of diminishing returns on newer phones with "better" cameras.

It is better.... the sensor is 30% larger which makes a big difference. Also on the X, when a photo from it is fully zoomed in on, especially in low light, people look like wax figurines or water color paintings because of the heavy noise reduction. The only way to avoid that is to shoot Raw.

The Xs camera doesn’t do this until iso 2000 is reached. That’s pretty darn good! ISO 800 on my Xs is very clean. Can’t say that about the x. The larger the sensor, the better the photo. The quality of that sensor matters as well and the size of its pixels. As a photographer, I can definitely see a huge difference.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.