Pictures of Matte Black that look gorgeous :D

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by letsgox, Sep 13, 2016.

1. whosgt macrumors member

What? That was basically my point. Everyone could be doing something better with their time/money, so no one should bash anyone.

2. Rangers94 macrumors 6502

Rangers94

I hear ya.

3. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

I have an iPhone 5 in slate that I'm anxious to sit down next to the matte 7+

4. DADDYDC650 macrumors 6502

DADDYDC650

The hot girlfriend will lead to a ton of drama (scratches).

5. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Just take care of it and enjoy that new color. Jet Black is what I would get if I was in the market for an iP7. I'm waiting to upgrade next year.

6. Savor Suspended

Savor

Looks nice. Pretty much what the space black render we saw a couple months ago. Will still attract fingerprints. Any dark/black option will attract it. I own phones with matte black finishes and it will show up. White, silver, and gray rears resist it better. Jet black prone to scratches is a different story.

Will be interesting how hard it takes to scratch this matte black. For some reason, I prefer the 7 in matte black but the 7+ in jet black because the camera hump protrudes more. It's just the back of the phone. Both look the same on the front which is the side we stare at mostly.

7. AppleWarrior macrumors member

AppleWarrior

I'll remember you said that when your Jet Black is scratched all to hell and my Matte Black looks pristine. :)

8. Sh00tingStar macrumors member

I hope it will bring back Space Gray.

9. Jordan921 macrumors 601

Jordan921

Damn that matte black is looking mighty fine. Glad I decided not to go with jet black.

10. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

No thanks. Three years of light Space Gray that basically looks silver is enough.

11. CrownVic macrumors regular

CrownVic

The Slate iPhone 5 is how I fell in love with black iPhones! I even ordered a matte black 7+. I like it because it has that stealthy look the iP5 had

12. Crazyj414 macrumors regular

Crazyj414

13. eoblaed macrumors 68020

eoblaed

Matte black is absolutely more my style. My wife and I are both going with that color.

14. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

personal opinion here: the matte black matches the newer, flatter feel that technology has taken on the past few years. the jet black looks like something from the days of ios 6. it doesn't match and it's going to look a lot worse with use than the matte black because its just the nature of metal. a shiny surface shows scratches easier than a dull surface.

15. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Does look gorgeous. Wife got this and I'm stuck with my space gray BS lol. Ah well.

16. Moi Ici macrumors regular

no

17. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

i have a similar situation. i'm so tired of black phones but apple finally delivered this year so i couldn't help but get black instead of gold which is what i was planning on getting.

18. psymac macrumors 6502a

I went with Matte Black, hot girlfriends are typically high maintenance and don't last that long.

19. Savor Suspended

Savor

I dig both black options.

For jet black - Clear protective layer on the back. Not just to protect it from fingerprints or scratches, but creates traction with slippage.

For matte black - No need for one although it will still attract fingerprints and blemishes but not as often. It also doesn't have the slick, seamless surface as the jet black to apply a clear skin on the back.

Both are nice. Far and away the best-looking from the iPhone 6-like design. Just find a decent solution for the jet black rear because it should feel like a bar of soap while the matte black will hold up better completely unprotected of anything.

20. noteple macrumors 65816

noteple

21. Lobwedgephil macrumors 601

Lobwedgephil

I agree, but reviews state Jet Black is less slippery then regular black. Kinda counterintuitive, still think you need the clear skin though.

22. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

If those reviews are true, then it must the nature of the glossy surface. The glossy black plastic-back iPhone 3G/3GS was indeed less slippery than either glass-backed or aluminum-backed iPhones, but I've always attributed (perhaps wrongly?) that to differences in plastic vs. glass/aluminum.

23. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Stunning. Apple got these black colors right. Both are extremely rich looking. (By "rich" I don't mean "wealthy", I mean high quality). I ordered the matte, in 256 +

24. AndroMac macrumors newbie

Or Knight Rider, with David Hasselhoff as the pitch man!

25. AppleFan91 macrumors 68000

AppleFan91