Pictures of Matte Black that look gorgeous :D

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by letsgox, Sep 13, 2016.

1. whosgt macrumors member

I really do like the Jet Black one but I got Matte Black because I got a 32GB model and Apple has clearly mentioned the Jet Black will scratch and smudge easily. This wasn't the case with gold, or rose gold.

2. iPunish901 macrumors 6502

iPunish901

yea two years later, looks like a dingy white sock that needs to be thrown away. i miss my white MacBook....

3. noobinator macrumors 603

noobinator

I miss the days of the iPhone 3gs when we had options of black and white. And one launch (4 I think) the white was delayed and caused outrage worldwide. Oh for simpler times!

4. AbSoluTc macrumors 601

AbSoluTc

Jet black is full-on Monet. From far away, it's OK, but up close, it's a big old mess.

5. 1080p macrumors 68030

1080p

So you like a phone that nags at you and makes you feel tied down?

6. JayIsAwesome macrumors 65832

JayIsAwesome

Cool. Enjoy your device. I just don't understand why some have to bash a color or size, to make themselves feel better about their purchase.

The same thing happened with the gold 5S. You had people bashing it and saying it'll look cheap and gaudy. And tbh, any iPhone will scratch if it comes in contact with keys in the pocket or if the device falls enough times. But whatev, enjoy your phone dude. I know I'll enjoy mine :)

7. whosgt macrumors member

I'm personally not bashing anyone because honestly, there's way better things we can all be doing with our money than throwing it at a new device every year. As for the scratching part, it's been show that it scratches way too much just for regular use. Putting my phone in my pocket shouldn't scratch it as bad as it seems to.

8. cdmoore74 macrumors 68020

I agree that Jet black is awesome but it basically scratches when you look at it. I'm even worried about taking it in and out of cases or wiping the phone down. Apple was kind enough to warn me so regular black it is.

9. applesith macrumors 68030

applesith

At first I was leaning towards Jet bc it's the new shinny thing but the more I see reviews with the FINGERPRINTS, the more I like Black. Matte is always hot- on tech and cars.

I hate the fingerprints on my 6S+ Space grey, and my Space grey iPad, so why would I want even more all over the phone? And it's going in a case anyway.

Just thought of this- will scratches on the Jet affect trade-in values and the Apple Upgrade program?

10. Cricketman macrumors regular

Kind of disappointed I picked silver over matte black.
    I've never had a white faced iPhone. I wonder if I picked the wrong year to switch!

11. Rangers94 macrumors 6502

Rangers94

Apple even acknowledges how easily the jet black will scratch that they covered their rear ends by putting out a statement to avoid law suits. The jb does look sharp but that's something I don't want to deal with since I like going caseless.

12. Scarphac3 macrumors regular

thats how I felt when the 5 came out. Went with the white but regretted not getting the slate. Couldn't make that same mistake again this year.

13. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

I need to see these phones in person which is why I haven't pre-ordered since the iphone5. I was convinced the gold was too gaudy looking on the 6 but once I saw it in person, I loved it.

I've already had a super cool gloss black case on my 6plus so that's one of the reasons I've considered the matte black. I don't want the jet black if it looks like cheap glossy plastic.

14. bzavala macrumors member

The Jet Black remindes me the iPhone 3G / 3GS :). I ordered the Matte Black.

15. kmichalec macrumors 6502a

Luckily the Matte Black won't divorce you and take half your stuff when it finds out about the spare Jet Black phone you might have...

16. AhemThisGuy macrumors member

I hear it is more slippery than the jet black

17. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

It seems like a direct callback to the original iPhone, which had a black gloss plastic back.

18. PieTunes Contributor

PieTunes

If your wife is like that and you feel that way about your marriage, I feel truly sorry for you :(

19. caelius macrumors 6502

caelius

The original iPhone had a silver aluminium back with a small area of black matte plastic. ;)

20. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

Oh, yeah. That's right. My mistake (and with my first gen sitting fewer than three feet from me.) it was the 3G with the all plastic back, right? I didn't keep that one.

21. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

this is a pretty tough call. I have pre-ordered both but I feel as if I'm going to cancel my JB order (since it is in november)
    and keep the matte black which comes in early october.

22. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

looks great, and much darker than I thought. Like others, the jet black still lures me in. I held off and am keeping my SE though :)

23. DustinDev47 macrumors 6502

DustinDev47

It all looks like Samsuck ****

24. 1080p macrumors 68030

1080p

I am not married... I divorced her 10 years ago. Been there. Done that.

25. Rangers94 macrumors 6502

Rangers94

And there's better things you can be doing with your free time rather than posting on MacRumors message board. I never understood this logic.