Pictures of Midnight Blue Leather Case

benna

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
Can someone please post pictures of the Midnight Blue Apple Leather case on their Space Grey phones (or other colors?). I'm stuck deciding between Olive Brown and the Midnight Blue.

Appreciate it! :)

JawneeWin

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2013
Can someone please post pictures of the Midnight Blue Apple Leather case on their Space Grey phones (or other colors?). I'm stuck deciding between Olive Brown and the Midnight Blue.

Appreciate it! :)
I have the midnight blue. It looks black sometimes. Outdoors during the day though, it is beautiful. I might return my midnight blue and return it for the brown. I'd take a picture, but it's nighttime and I'm in bed, so you'd just see a black phone. lol

Comment

benna

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
I have the midnight blue. It looks black sometimes. Outdoors during the day though, it is beautiful. I might return my midnight blue and return it for the brown. I'd take a picture, but it's nighttime and I'm in bed, so you'd just see a black phone. lol
Thanks! :D looking forward to those pictures.

Does it noticeably change color like the light brown on the 5S?

Comment

benna

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
Go to the "post pictures of cases already" thread and there are pics of this case.
Found a few, but no one seems to have posted pictures of the Midnight Blue on a Space Grey Phone.

Comment

Supermallet

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2014
That's one of the reasons I went for the blue, because sometimes it looks blue, sometimes it looks black. I think that's there's a nice subtlety to it.

Comment

andyACEcandy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2008
The more I look at this, the more I want brown with my space gray... but I'm still interested to see what midnight blue on space gray looks like

Comment

benna

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
The more I look at this, the more I want brown with my space gray... but I'm still interested to see what midnight blue on space gray looks like

Same here. I did see some ugly pictures of this case as well. Kudos to the photographer for making us want to buy the case :D

Would really love if someone did the same with the Midnight Blue case.

Comment

BlackMamba14

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2011
The blue looks great in those photos. I'm really torn between blue and red. But I think that just made my decision for me. Thanks

Comment

mr99

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2014
Where are you buys buying these cases at (besides at the apple store or apple.com)?

Comment

andyACEcandy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2008
Just got a midnight blue leather case on my space gray iphone 6 plus. It looks great in well lit areas and outdoors, but in a dimly lit place, it would probably just look black to the naked eye.

I can tell that leather will definitely get some wear and tear on it... and smudges. So in that sense, I like having a darker midnight blue case... but on the other hand, I really like the look of olive brown on the space gray as well. It looks very professional and luxurious. I'd worry about the smudges though. Much easier to see blemishes on that kind of a brown than this dark of a navy blue.

I'll post in depth pics tonight!

For people looking to buy, they're pretty well in stock at your local Apple stores. Only thing is the one near me only had Midnight blue and the one a few miles from me has olive brown (you can check the inventory for store pickup online)

Comment

Supermallet

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2014
Picked up my midnight blue case today. My Apple Store had tons of leather cases for the 6 and 6 Plus in all colors, but only blue, white, and green silicone ones for the Plus (they had all silicone colors for the 6, but less of them than the leather, this was in Sherman Oaks in SoCal).

I love the look and feel of this case. It adds an extra dimension to the phone that gives it a smart look, not flashy like the silicone cases or many third party cases. And it hardly adds any bulk at all, but confers a solid grip in the hand.

My only issue is the buttons are stiffer than I wold like, but I've heard that those soften with time.

I looked at the brown but I agree that it's too dark of a brown for my liking. It does look great in a lot of the photos I've seen.

Comment

andyACEcandy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2008
For those wondering about that guy's screen protector in the olive brown + space gray pics, it's the Power Support Anti-Glare one from the Apple store for $17.95

Also, for those wanting a lighter brown, I looked at the "soft pink" today in store and it is basically a cream. Definitely not much pink to it IMO... and might be worth a look for some of you.

Comment

Supermallet

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2014
The soft pink will wear so fast though. Hardly seems worth the asking price. Still, I imagine it would look good with the gold phones.

Comment

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Picked up my midnight blue case today. My Apple Store had tons of leather cases for the 6 and 6 Plus in all colors, but only blue, white, and green silicone ones for the Plus (they had all silicone colors for the 6, but less of them than the leather, this was in Sherman Oaks in SoCal).

I love the look and feel of this case. It adds an extra dimension to the phone that gives it a smart look, not flashy like the silicone cases or many third party cases. And it hardly adds any bulk at all, but confers a solid grip in the hand.

My only issue is the buttons are stiffer than I wold like, but I've heard that those soften with time.

I looked at the brown but I agree that it's too dark of a brown for my liking. It does look great in a lot of the photos I've seen.
Looking forward to those pictures the Blue is what I'm close to pulling the trigger on. Thanks.

Comment