Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

naujoks

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2008
London, UK
What's better about the wrapsol compared to bestskinsever? Aren't they the same thing?

I just put on the bestskinsever on mine. I've had good experiences with them in the past on my iPhone and iPad.
By now I'm quite good at putting them on, but it's not difficult anyway.
Just took one big pasta dish out, filled it with a bit of soapy water, soaked the skin in there, shook off excess water and put it on.
All done within 10 minutes, top and bottom.
MUCH cheaper than any other skins.

Attachments

• IMG_0722.JPG
    IMG_0722.JPG
    407.2 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:

robby818

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 2, 2007
I just put on the bestskinsever on mine. I've had good experiences with them in the past on my iPhone and iPad.
By now I'm quite good at putting them on, but it's not difficult anyway.
Just took one big pasta dish out, filled it with a bit of soapy water, soaked the skin in there, shook off excess water and put it on.
All done within 10 minutes, top and bottom.
MUCH cheaper than any other skins.

I like using a spray bottle for large applications and the bowl of water method for smaller jobs. Looks good. The MBA is the first laptop I've wrapped. It was much easier than any of my smaller devices, particularly those with curved surfaces.

xtrem

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2009
If more people have problem with the size of wrapsol, email wrapsols support so they can fix the size issue and we can get replacement

robby818

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 2, 2007
If more people have problem with the size of wrapsol, email wrapsols support so they can fix the size issue and we can get replacement

Do you have their contact info? I tried the online form but it doesn't seem to be working.

ReallyBigFeet

macrumors 68030
Apr 15, 2010
I had three issues with mine on my 13"

1) The top piece is a little short on the horizontal fit, and just a fraction too long on the vertical fit.

2) The two extra "arm" pieces for the front face (sitting opposite sides of the keyboard) are way to large. The shorter part of the "L" part is too thick as well. I just left them off entirely as I found them useless anyways.

3) The palm wrest area fits well from side to side but it leaves very small gaps on both sides of the trackpad. Compared to my Moshi on my MBP, it looks 'gappy' and not at all form fitting as I expected.

I sent an email to Wrapsol about this, along with pictures. No reply yet but we'll see what they say.

Appleind

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2010
Thanks to your discount code I got mine less $10. It truly pays to be a member here :D. Btw my wrapsol on 11 MBA looks perfect

foiden

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2008
The look is great. One question, though. Would this have any effect on heat dissipation for the unit?

xtrem

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2009
1 week and no response from Wrapsol regarding the wrong size for the top part. First and last time I bought a Wrapsol. Zagg and Bodyguardz's support are great...

jksu

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2009
wrapsol support

i had an issue with my mba11's screen and had to mail it back. had to remove the wrapsol.

contacted wrapsol and although there was a temporary issue with their warranty form, and then a 4 day delay to reply to my email to support, the eventually got back to me and a new mba11 wrapsol is on it's way.

wouldn't give up on them, they definitely have a great product. customer support is decent if not perfect (like sfbags)

jksu

1 week and no response from Wrapsol regarding the wrong size for the top part. First and last time I bought a Wrapsol. Zagg and Bodyguardz's support are great...

xtrem

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2009
jksu said:
i had an issue with my mba11's screen and had to mail it back. had to remove the wrapsol.

contacted wrapsol and although there was a temporary issue with their warranty form, and then a 4 day delay to reply to my email to support, the eventually got back to me and a new mba11 wrapsol is on it's way.

wouldn't give up on them, they definitely have a great product. customer support is decent if not perfect (like sfbags)

jksu

I have only used their support form (twice) because if I use the replacement form I have to pay for shipping to get a replacement, which I don't intend to do.

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Nov 27, 2007
I have used Zagg Invisible Shield for at least 3 or 4 of my laptops + iphones. I have gotten quite good in putting them on. But I do prefer the non-glossy look of Wrapsol. Just installed in on my 11" MBA. I must say, the matte, yet sparkly look is much better than the glossy invisible shield. Installation was also much easier because the matte finish hides any imperfection (like bubbles). For invisible shield, the tiny pockets of water will take days to weeks to complete vanish. With wrapsol, I don't see them at all ever right after installation. Finally, the cut or fitting of my wrapsol was perfectly fine. It's between 0-1 mm away from the edge all around. The key is not to over stretch the film, but gently wipe to squeeze the water out while stretch gently to bring the film's edge to the computer's edge.

EDIT: I did find something I don't like. The wrapsol film covers all the screws in the bottom of my MBA. If I ever need to open it up, I'll have to remove and discard it. The Zagg invisible shield I had on my 13" MBP had holes around all the screws. I opened/closed the MBP a couple of time to upgrade the RAM and HDD. I won't be able to do similar upgrades for the MBA, but still be nice to know I could when I need to.

Last edited:

marcil

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2010
I applied Wrapsol on my MBA 13" yesterday and also noticed that it is not a perfect fit. I have 1-3mm small edges all the way around. I have used both Zagg and BodyGuardz for several years and never had any problem. So I know how to apply a film

I also agree that it is really bad that the screws are covered. Both Zagg and Bodyguardz have much smarter layout.

xtrem

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2009
I finally got in touch with wrapsol (thanks to twitter).

They confirmed that more people have problems with the size of wrapsol of MBA. But they wanted me to pay for shipping x2 to get it replaced...

robby818

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 2, 2007
I finally got in touch with wrapsol (thanks to twitter).

They confirmed that more people have problems with the size of wrapsol of MBA. But they wanted me to pay for shipping x2 to get it replaced...

I never got a response to my email so I ended up using the on line warranty form, uploaded a picture, and paid ~$5 for shipping. The replacement was shipped immediately.

xtrem

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2009
I never got a response to my email so I ended up using the on line warranty form, uploaded a picture, and paid ~$5 for shipping. The replacement was shipped immediately.

Don't you have to send back your old wrapsol to be able to continue to use the lifetime warranty?

robby818

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 2, 2007
Don't you have to send back your old wrapsol to be able to continue to use the lifetime warranty?

Not sure, I think the next time I want to use the warranty I have to send it in...I guess wrapsol accepts a picture the first time and then after that they want the actual skin.

loslosbaby

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2008
Oklahoma
Put a wrapsol on my MBA13 and its cool, I like it a lot.

After a day of use, I took the one off the trackpad and tossed it. Can't get better than glass!

G.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.