Pink iPhone in time for Christmas!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RobMoss, Sep 20, 2009.

1. RobMoss macrumors regular

Finally upgraded my 2G to a 3G today, and whilst in the O2 shop, the very nice lady let slip that they are expecting a pink iPhone before Christmas!

I'd not heard this before - do we know what the spec will be..?

2. lionheartednyhc macrumors 65816

lionheartednyhc

I doubt it.

3. grantsdale macrumors 6502a

The 'nice lady' has no inside information.

4. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

5. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

The colour pink is the worst thing to happen to technology since Windows ME.

I blame it for all the kids coming into the store and asking what other colours the MacBooks come in - you know that pink is the first one they're thinking of.

A pink iPhone would be tantamount to a crime against good taste.

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

lol

Highly doubt it she doesn't happen t deliver Pizza's too! again every gen of Iphone has been released I June at WWDC highly doubt they will break that trend and not for a pink one! I can't see Steve Jobs saying and now the Iphone is Pink! ;)

7. RobMoss thread starter macrumors regular

[ducks to avoid flying cynicism]

It may well be a load of old cobblers, but it seemed odd for her to mention it unprompted.

Personally, I'm happy with the iPhone I've got, so I couldn't give a monkey's whether it's true or not - doubly so if it's pink! But I'd thought I'd pass it on anyway.

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

a pink iphone, it would be a great idea for apple to help market it to the ladies, but I really really doubt it.

9. Macjames macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16)

Does coloring something pink really attract women to a product? Or is this some badly concieved marketing idea?

10. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

i wouldn't buy a pink iphone.... and i do like pink! now a pink case? sure! cuz i can change that whenever.... but nah..... i'd never buy my phone so that i was stuck with pink!

11. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

12. The Phazer macrumors 68030

I think some more colours for the iPhone would be a really good idea, but to be honest I just don't believe for a second that shop sales staff have access to any advanced info on this.

Phazer

13. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

There's not a snowball's chance in hell of a pink iPhone.

The manner in which Apple market the iPhone, as a high end, highly sought after device, practically kills off any chance of a pink model.

It's a sleek, expensive looking device ... not some tacky Chav magnet, which is what a pink model would be, only the chav's wouldn't be able to afford it.

14. HJ76 macrumors member

there is a pink Blackberry so why not?

I have a pink case (i'm female and 33) and would buy a pink iphone if it cost the same as a black one! :p

15. samcraig macrumors P6

You can have any color iphone you want. It's called paint.

16. tnisatard macrumors 6502

this looks pretty nice, but not something id carry around

17. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Ditto. A pink iPhone isn't a good idea. Not that this "rumor" has any merit to it anyways.

18. iPhone 62S macrumors 6502a

iPhone 62S

19. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

oh! that's very pretty! but i can still buy a case to make my black iphone pink (oh wait! i did and it is!)

20. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

If they'd had this available as a choice when the 3GS was launched, I'd probably have picked it. However, now that been using lot of the iSkin Solo FX and iSkin-style knockoff cases that allow me to change the color (well, sorta) of my white iPhone at will, I'm thrilled to bits that pink wasn't an option in June.

21. eezing macrumors 6502

eezing

bogus... the last thing Apple want's to do is release a product that appeals to less of an audience. I don't know about you, but I don't know many dudes that would prefer a pink iPhone.

22. wilderness1957 macrumors regular

I wish I had the time for another job... I would go work at an apple store and just make **** up and then watch the forums to see how fast it got posted! Hey for St Pat's Day maybe there will be a green one!!!

23. molala macrumors 6502a

if they do this, there probably would be other colours. i doubt it would only be black, white and pink.

if i were in the market for an iphone at that time, i would buy it. depends on the shade of pink. if it were like the 3rd gen ipod nano pink (not the current one) or the palm centro pink, i'd buy it.

24. ob81 macrumors 65816

ob81

I know people that would buy it, but I doubt that this lady knows what the hell she is talking about.

25. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed, she is totally clueless.