Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TMA

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2003
England
Hey guys lighten up on HBK! :cool:

Heart Break Kid:
Forgot to mention earlier. When you do get your 17incher: Welcome to the macintosh. :) I don't own a Powerbook but i'm sure it'll be alot more pleasent than your Dell.

How much do laptops cost to insure? i'd be so paranoid about dropping it. Picking up the remains of the best laptop in the world = not nice.

NanoDoc

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2003
Hmmm...
Re: Re: Switch then, you loser. We don't care.

Originally posted by MorganX
Dell and Acer probably have 8-10 week lead times on their 17" widescreen laptops. The difference is they're not taking orders or advertising them yet.

Actually, I did not even know that they were going to be offering 17" laptops. But you could probably tell that by the fact that I NEVER said anything about those. I was clearly referring to most computers released by Dell. Example (one of many that I know of), last November Dell had lead times of 7-8 weeks on the Dimensions with the new 3.06 GHz Hyperwhatever Pentiums. And YES they were advertising them and YES they were taking orders on them. Also, importantly they give an estimated lead time prior to sale, JUST LIKE APPLE. And one last item, the Apple store as of today changed the estimated ship time to 5-7 weeks. So, obviously they have gotten up to speed at this point and will get to the point where the wait is less than a week at most. This is the nature of the beast in the technoweenie industry. If you need to have it first you will undoubtedly suffer. Whether it be long waits, faulty Gen 1 products, or something else most people experience this sort of thing. Myself, I have the PowerMac 1.42 on order which I will probably wait until mid-March to receive and the 17" order placed last week that I will not receive until April. Oh well because I knew it before buying it. End of story.

mymemory

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2001
Miami
It si not my Powerbook and I'm pissed too!

Damn that suck!

Well, let me share you a few things that may let you a bit less worse.

I'm trying to leave my country, I want to move to the US and let me tell you this:

1. I start selling all my stuff in dollars and next day the goverment cancelled that money exchange, that mean you can not buy any foreing money until the goverments wants to. That was 3 weeks ago.

2. Today I hearded in the news that the currecy exchange may start in 2 weeks but I'm gonna be able to buy only $1000 per travel only if: I'm an artist with a contract signed, if I have to leave for medical problems or if I'm gonna do real bussines (you have to show documentation of everything).

So, if I move to the US I may carry $1000 with me, not from the goverment but from my parents savings that are not more than $5.000 in total. From those $5000 you have to discount the $2000 that is gonna cost me the lawyer that is doing the paper work for my visa and the plane ticket ($500).

So, that is the very good news, I have a one way ticket to the US and one chance succed or to succed, that is it.

Still, the problem with your powerbook sucks!

Heart Break Kid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 13, 2003
Toronto
ok

with reference to the last post
thank you for officially making my problem feel miniscule..lol... hard to comlain when you're having a more annoying time

with regards to Nano
i hate to break it to you..but apple should care what the hell i think..because im the group apple is targeting...u know..the pc users who they want to switch to a mac...or did you not really understand the whole logic behind those damn "switch"adds...which by the way i love...would love even more if they didnt come on so frequently

and yes i did expect a wait. when i ordered it there was a 2month back log...and that was fine...that was ok..but when they decided to push it back another month...cmon...thats just ludacris...if they cared soooo much about getting the other "90%" market share Stevo-Jobs keeps claiming...they would go out of there way to kiss my ass...and everyone elses who not only bought an apple product..but also who'se considering buying one

with rude and arogant service people...delay times that rival that of a Porche can you blame anyone who dished out the 4grand it cost to buy this thing for being not just frustrated but a little pissed?

i think not

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.