Pkgbackup and updating to 4.3.1 untethered?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iFiend, Apr 4, 2011.

1. iFiend macrumors 65816

Has anyone had any issues using Pkgbackup to restore their jailbroken apps after updating to the new 4.3.1 untethered? I would like to update for nitro safari and the updates to airplay but don't want to have to reinstall everything by hand if Pkgbackup is not compatible.

Thanks!

2. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

backed up fine, didn't restore due to the backup being 'corrupt'. No idea why, was readable before. take caution, write down any necessities !

3. iFiend thread starter macrumors 65816

Read your post in another thread and it prompted me to make this post. Thanks EvanLugh.

Anyone update successfully with Pkgbackup?

4. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

Ah, no worries :D I'm hoping it's something on my end, although i'm not sure what.
    p.s. used legitimate version, all up to date etc.

5. iFiend thread starter macrumors 65816

Fortunately (or unfortunately for you?) I had a poster over at MMi tell me that they updated without incident. I have a legit copy too (I'm all legit :)) so that shouldn't be a problem. I suppose I'll take screenshots of my packages just in case!

6. ya1950 macrumors regular

Haven't tried yet because I need the unlock but you can also email a list of your stuff from within the application - easier than screen shots IMHO.

7. stlblufan macrumors regular

stlblufan

If you save to Dropbox, be sure to re-enter your DB creds in the app, or it will try to read them from your address book and you will get this error.

8. iFiend thread starter macrumors 65816

This I know, but maybe Evan didn't?

9. iFiend thread starter macrumors 65816

This I didn't know :) Thanks for that!

Anyone else?

10. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

Yup i'd entered everything again (you know what it's like double checking backups lol). Honestly i'd just email yourself the list as mentioned above and give it a shot. didn't take me long to get back up and running.

also note your repos, i dun' goofed forgetting them :eek::D

11. iFiend thread starter macrumors 65816

I have read such conflicting reports all over MR and the other sites today! Seems like half of the posters had it work fine and half did not. Hope I'm in the first camp :)

12. TC25 macrumors 68020

It's incorrect to conclude the jb success rate is 50% based on posts on discussion forums. Forums would be clogged even more if everyone who successfully jb posted that information. :D

13. iFiend thread starter macrumors 65816

Well yes of course :) But it sure does seem that way!

14. onefish2 macrumors member

onefish2

Used it just this morning to restore from 4.3.1 JB

15. Joshusry macrumors newbie

Confused

I just upgraded and rejailbroke and all that. Now, I can seem to find pkgbackup in Cydia. Is there a repository I'm forgetting to download first?

16. funkydita macrumors newbie

When trying to install PkgBackup I'm getting "Hash sum mismatch".

17. suss2it macrumors regular

Worked fine for me. One issue is that for some reason SBSettings didn't get reinstalled, but other than that everything is back and just how I had it.

18. funkydita macrumors newbie

Update - tried again (and again and again) and it now seems to be working, it's currently reinstalling 77 packages.

19. iFiend thread starter macrumors 65816

Updating as we speak! Once I get it jailbroken and install Pkgbackup I'll report back :)

20. Joshusry macrumors newbie

Found it

Ok it finally showed up in Cydia, idk what was going on there, but now I can get it to reload my packages. It sees my backup and I can look through it and everything, but I click reload and nothing happens. I restart the phone, nothing. I tried to go and download the packages manually, and Cydia tells me they are already installed, but they aren't visible or functional. What's going on?

21. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Same exact think for me. Sees and displays my DropBox backup, but the restore button does nothing. May have to go manual :(

22. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Did you backup on DropBox or via local (contact list)?

23. Joshusry macrumors newbie

I did back up via contact list. I made sure to change the contact to Pkg BackUp like the instructions say to. Still doesn't work

24. iFiend thread starter macrumors 65816

So when I press "restore" in Pkgbackup it does nothing? I am logged into Dropbox, and can see all of my backups? Anyone got a fix? :)

25. zzyyfff macrumors newbie

PROBLEM SOLVED!! (for me at least)

PROBLEM SOLVED!! (for me at least)

PKGBackup was able to find my backup on Dropbox and populated all it's menus with the correct info, but hitting the "Restore" button did nothing.

How I fixed this:
    1. Add the hackulo.us repository ( http://cydia.hackulo.us/ )
    2. Install AppSync for 4.0+
    3. Powerdown and reboot

<soapbox>
    Note: I do not have ANY cracked apps on my device, although I have on occasion used Installo.us to test drive an app in the past. If you want to keep and use an app, PLEASE PAY FOR IT! :D
    </soapbox>

Incidentally, this also fixed a problem where I could not get over fifty of my legitimate iTunes App Store based apps to sync to the device. Also, in step 2 above, I actually installed all the Hackulo.us stuff including Installo.us and Hackulo.us Security.

Hope this helps someone! :)

P.S. FOR A MILLION DIFFERENT REASONS, DO NOT PIRATE APPS!!