Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ccano

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2007
Same issue here - backups are found in Dropbox, but "restore" button does nothing... Please don't make me restore by hand... anyone found a way to fix this?

tctony

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
Perform a backup first and have it scan your packages.

Then try to restore.

blasteas

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2011
"backup failed"

I cannot even get it to do a backup..

i have 4.3.1 and it sees my pkgs but when i hit backup.. it doesnt doe anything.
anyone know how to fix this?

Obsidian6

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2006
Laguna Niguel, CA
I got it to restore but it broke most of my repos because I mistakenly pressed overwrite instead of merge.

Is there any way to reload my Cydia repos? I want MyWi back!!

iFiend

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 28, 2011
I got it to restore but it broke most of my repos because I mistakenly pressed overwrite instead of merge.

I'm not sure that is the issue because my repos are jacked up and I selected merge instead of overwrite :)

OriolesMagic

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2009

I'm not sure that is the issue because my repos are jacked up and I selected merge instead of overwrite :)

I had the same problem, and I selected merge too. I think it was just a pkgbackup problem. I ended up rejailbreaking my phone, and this time when I used pkgbackup, I made sure that none of my backup repos were selected. I just added them all manually.

Shaddow825

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2006
This is probably due to the Cydia 1.1 change. I think he adds or stores the repos differently now. I remember during the upgrade it had to "remove" them but it really just migrated em I think.

Shaddow825

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2006
Saurik tweeted:

saurik Jay Freeman (saurik)
Note: installing Cydia 1.1 removes older default packages. This is normal: repositories are managed differently, and will not be deleted. ;P

iFiend

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 28, 2011
Saurik tweeted:

saurik Jay Freeman (saurik)
Note: installing Cydia 1.1 removes older default packages. This is normal: repositories are managed differently, and will not be deleted. ;P

This cannot be the issue. When I made the backup before moving to 4.3.1 I was already running the 1.1.1 Cydia and it installed the same version when using the updated redsn0w.

monderick

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2010
anyone else have an issue of the SBorganizer portion not working to set icons back into normal places?

pkgbackup worked great after rpdating to 4.1.1 for me, except the icons are all over the place.

Obsidian6

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2006
Laguna Niguel, CA
This cannot be the issue. When I made the backup before moving to 4.3.1 I was already running the 1.1.1 Cydia and it installed the same version when using the updated redsn0w.

Actually that's true. That's exactly my scenario. I was already running the latest Cydia when I did my pkgbackup.

Hmm... What can I do?? Do I need to restore and re-jailbreak?

to1986

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2009
Everytime I try opening it, it keeps crashing to springboard. This is since updating to 4.3.1

Anyone else having this issue? They should really be more proactive with their updates, especially considering the price and how reliant people are for restoring their iPhone. It's disappointing really.

Ajones330

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2008
SEC Country
Has anyone had any issues using Pkgbackup to restore their jailbroken apps after updating to the new 4.3.1 untethered? I would like to update for nitro safari and the updates to airplay but don't want to have to reinstall everything by hand if Pkgbackup is not compatible.

Thanks!

Worked fine for me, mywi did not install and when I installed it was corrupt... Everything else was fine...

TheNewDude

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2010
I was trying to use PKGBackup to restore my packages.

I click VIEW RESTORE at the bottom and then select the programs which i want to restore back onto the phone but Clicking the "Restore" button on the bottom right doesn't do anything.

Any clues as to why?

I can see all the packages etc fine.

TheNewDude

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2010
I was trying to use PKGBackup to restore my packages.

I click VIEW RESTORE at the bottom and then select the programs which i want to restore back onto the phone but Clicking the "Restore" button on the bottom right doesn't do anything.

Any clues as to why?

I can see all the packages etc fine.

No one has run into this problem?
I'm really dreading downloading all those Cydia apps again..

Please help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.