Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
On Monday, my outfit was involved in a filmed promotional event with two large outfits meeting for a giant knife fight. I think Sony filmed it. We flew galaxies deep into enemy territory, met in a field and had a brawl. The reason I post this is that there were at least 300 players in close proximity and my frames stayed revved up. I was very surprised! What I did notice is that many many vehicles and individuals stopped drawing. This was most evident when 300 players were riding flashes across the landscape in the second part of the event, but I would prefer that to a slide show. :)

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Well 9 years later, after having played the original PS in the 2004 time frame, then PS2, in the 2014 time frame, I've found that my old Planetside clan is still going, I joined back up and and going to give the game a whirl based on my recent desire to drive a tank in PVP after bailing on World of Tanks. Will it be short or long lived? More to come. :)

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
... there is a lot to remember, holy smokes. I’ll up date my Quick and Dirty Planetside 2 Guide. :)
No I won’t. PS2, has turned into been there done that, too much of a time sink, a lot has changed since I last played, and I’m not having the patience to relearn it. So it’s not them, it’s me. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.