Play music from iTunes Match in iTunes?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by brayhite, Jan 26, 2012.

1. brayhite macrumors 6502a

For the life of me, I cannot find out how to play music that has been uploaded to iTunes Match on my computer. All my music is stored on an external and I'm away from home. How do I play that music on my laptop now?

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Have you added your Laptop as a device in iTunes Match ?

If so you should see the cloud icon next to all of the songs that your main system matched with iTunes.

3. brayhite thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, I did, but there is no iCloud icon. It attempts to find the song on my network drive but I'm not connected to it. How do I make it download the song from iCloud?

4. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

Start iTunes while holding the option key. iTunes will give you the option of using a different library or creating a new library. Create a new library.

Connect that library to iTunes Match.

When you're back home, start iTunes while holding the option key once more, and choose your old library.

And go to the "iTunes Feedback" menu in iTunes and tell Apple about this. Myself I have a large internal drive to hold my library, but what you have is quite a reasonable use case and should work automatically. Especially for people with an MBA who cannot use huge internal hard drives.

5. brayhite thread starter macrumors 6502a

You, sir, are my effing hero. Thank you for that. I've been having this issue for weeks now and this 100% worked.