Pleasantly surprised at the size after try on visit.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by c14nhl, Apr 15, 2015.

1. c14nhl macrumors 6502

c14nhl

i don't have large wrists so was worried about how large the 42mm looked in many pictures. I ordered the 42mm SS with Mil loop.

I tried on the above, as well as the SG Sport, both 42mm, just so I could get a feel for both bands.

I'm delighted with my choice, no regrets at all! I did try a 38mm on as well which just looked tiny on my wrists.

Both the SS & SG sport look awesome. I didn't really pay attention to the silver Sport so can't comment.

I think it's really important to visit an Apple Store and try out the watch for yourself. Had a fantastic experience at my local store in Edinburgh. Loved the taptics too, without a doubt feels different from a normal vibration.

Attached Files:

2. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    Okay, I just have to say...

This is the first photo I've seen here yet, where the person's wrist looks like it was made for the Apple Watch!

(And/or the first photo that doesn't suffer from closeup-itis making it look too big.)

Looks great on you.

3. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

I really did not doubt that the 42mm would be the size I wanted but I was still pleased to see how nice that size looked on. It did not look big on my wrist at all.

Both my wife and I loved the watches we had preordered.

4. JohnApples macrumors 65816

Looks great!! Also was surprised how good the 42mm looked on my small wrists. In reality, the watch is so tiny! Again, I can't stress how important it is to make a try-on appointment if you haven't already (provided it's feasible)!

5. skm8159 macrumors newbie

Looks fantastic.

The 42mm does look perfect size, to me also.

I ordered the 42MM SS + Classic Buckle Leather strap (black).

I have to yet to see it in store, but I am happy with my choice and personal preference.

6. jjlannoo Suspended

I went today and thought the 42 was the 38 at first. Both are smaller then I imagined. The 38 is positively tiny, way too small for me. Its the size of a typical women's watch.

7. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

And yet every time I try on the 38mn (3rd time was today) it looks like the right size. 155mm wrist size.

8. Domino8282 macrumors 6502a

Domino8282

I don't know if it's the angle you took the photo at or what, but this looks amazing on you!!

OP - you say you don't have large wrists - what size are they? Circumference in mm? Width in mm?

Sorry, the closest Apple Store to me is over 3 hours away now, so the only way I can tell if I made the right choice is by comparing with people on here who took photos.

9. AppleScruff1 macrumors G3

AppleScruff1

That combo is very nice. I tried it on and I like it.

10. jjlannoo Suspended

The 42mm fits me great and the thinnest part of my wrist is about 54mm wide bone to bone.

11. Mapple86 macrumors regular

Can you tell me which wristsize you have?

12. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

I'm hoping to get to the Edinburgh store over the weekend, have they got a good selection of bands to try out? It seems from some posts on here that some stores are more limited than others when it comes to variety.

13. whatos macrumors 6502a

When all we have to go on prior to the in-store trial is pictures it can be misleading. Now that Apple has made them available to try on its no longer an unknown. They looked good to me upon seeing the real thing.

14. c14nhl thread starter macrumors 6502

c14nhl

Appreciate the positive comments everyone, makes me even more excited about receiving my watch. 4-6 week wait for me though!

Apologies, was silly of me to forget to post my wrist size! With the tape wrapped tightly around my wrist, my circumference measures 167mm. I haven't measured width but will do so in the morning.

When I tried on the sport band, it was the M/L band which took me to the 2nd smallest hole on the band. I was told ideally you're looking for a hole right around the middle and therefore the S/M band was recommended.

15. dedufour41 macrumors regular

dedufour41

This was very helpful... I have a 166mm wrist and this was one of the best pics to verify for me! Thanks a lot! ###

16. mightyjabba macrumors 65816

mightyjabba

Looks good on you, and it underscores the fact that it looks a lot better (size wise) in photos taken from a small distance away.

17. dgravo macrumors member

I did the same thing. It was much smaller than I thought. I have a 190 mm wrist and it looked fine. Not even close to too big.

18. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

Oh.. Yours is just 2 cm. wider than me. Guess I need to see again the 38 is not too small for me.

19. danielceleste macrumors regular

I have similar sized wrists as you (and presumably OP as well). I also tried on today and think our wrists are in a sweet spot where we could get away with either. :)

20. bgro macrumors 6502a

Agree. Watch looks good on the hand in this pic. Haven't really found it attractive up to this point.

21. pragmatous macrumors 65816

Such a gorgeous watch. I so can't wait to put it on my wrist again.

22. chadrodgersLFD macrumors newbie

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429148755.059586.jpg
    I switched to this because my wife and even the Apple Guy said it looked great. OP is absolutely correct. Must go to the try on to see in person.

23. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    It looks like the OP has a nice wide flat wrist, custom made for this watch.

I say, we steal his arm while he's not looking :)

24. whatos macrumors 6502a

The 4mm difference is not much. I think even those buyers who ordered 38 and are having second thoughts may find their first choice looks quite good on them.

25. jjlannoo Suspended

Thats what I'm getting in 42mm exactly