Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

c14nhl

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 30, 2008
Edinburgh
i don't have large wrists so was worried about how large the 42mm looked in many pictures. I ordered the 42mm SS with Mil loop.

I tried on the above, as well as the SG Sport, both 42mm, just so I could get a feel for both bands.

I'm delighted with my choice, no regrets at all! I did try a 38mm on as well which just looked tiny on my wrists.

Both the SS & SG sport look awesome. I didn't really pay attention to the silver Sport so can't comment.

I think it's really important to visit an Apple Store and try out the watch for yourself. Had a fantastic experience at my local store in Edinburgh. Loved the taptics too, without a doubt feels different from a normal vibration.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 371

kdarling

macrumors P6
Okay, I just have to say...

This is the first photo I've seen here yet, where the person's wrist looks like it was made for the Apple Watch!

(And/or the first photo that doesn't suffer from closeup-itis making it look too big.)

Looks great on you.

Sodner

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
I really did not doubt that the 42mm would be the size I wanted but I was still pleased to see how nice that size looked on. It did not look big on my wrist at all.

Both my wife and I loved the watches we had preordered.

JohnApples

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2014
Looks great!! Also was surprised how good the 42mm looked on my small wrists. In reality, the watch is so tiny! Again, I can't stress how important it is to make a try-on appointment if you haven't already (provided it's feasible)!

skm8159

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2014
Looks fantastic.

The 42mm does look perfect size, to me also.

I ordered the 42MM SS + Classic Buckle Leather strap (black).

I have to yet to see it in store, but I am happy with my choice and personal preference.

jjlannoo

Suspended
Oct 8, 2011
I went today and thought the 42 was the 38 at first. Both are smaller then I imagined. The 38 is positively tiny, way too small for me. Its the size of a typical women's watch.

Domino8282

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2010
Southeast USA
I don't know if it's the angle you took the photo at or what, but this looks amazing on you!!

OP - you say you don't have large wrists - what size are they? Circumference in mm? Width in mm?

Sorry, the closest Apple Store to me is over 3 hours away now, so the only way I can tell if I made the right choice is by comparing with people on here who took photos.

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011
Looks fantastic.

The 42mm does look perfect size, to me also.

I ordered the 42MM SS + Classic Buckle Leather strap (black).

I have to yet to see it in store, but I am happy with my choice and personal preference.

That combo is very nice. I tried it on and I like it.

Mapple86

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2015
i don't have large wrists so was worried about how large the 42mm looked in many pictures. I ordered the 42mm SS with Mil loop.

I tried on the above, as well as the SG Sport, both 42mm, just so I could get a feel for both bands.

I'm delighted with my choice, no regrets at all! I did try a 38mm on as well which just looked tiny on my wrists.

Both the SS & SG sport look awesome. I didn't really pay attention to the silver Sport so can't comment.

I think it's really important to visit an Apple Store and try out the watch for yourself. Had a fantastic experience at my local store in Edinburgh. Loved the taptics too, without a doubt feels different from a normal vibration.

Can you tell me which wristsize you have?

TrueBlou

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
I'm hoping to get to the Edinburgh store over the weekend, have they got a good selection of bands to try out? It seems from some posts on here that some stores are more limited than others when it comes to variety.

whatos

macrumors 6502a
When all we have to go on prior to the in-store trial is pictures it can be misleading. Now that Apple has made them available to try on its no longer an unknown. They looked good to me upon seeing the real thing.

c14nhl

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 30, 2008
Edinburgh
Appreciate the positive comments everyone, makes me even more excited about receiving my watch. 4-6 week wait for me though!

Apologies, was silly of me to forget to post my wrist size! With the tape wrapped tightly around my wrist, my circumference measures 167mm. I haven't measured width but will do so in the morning.

When I tried on the sport band, it was the M/L band which took me to the 2nd smallest hole on the band. I was told ideally you're looking for a hole right around the middle and therefore the S/M band was recommended.

dedufour41

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2015
New York
Apologies, was silly of me to forget to post my wrist size! With the tape wrapped tightly around my wrist, my circumference measures 167mm. I haven't measured width but will do so in the morning.

When I tried on the sport band, it was the M/L band which took me to the 2nd smallest hole on the band. I was told ideally you're looking for a hole right around the middle and therefore the S/M band was recommended.

This was very helpful... I have a 166mm wrist and this was one of the best pics to verify for me! Thanks a lot! ###

mightyjabba

macrumors 68000
Sep 25, 2014
Tatooine
Looks good on you, and it underscores the fact that it looks a lot better (size wise) in photos taken from a small distance away.

dgravo

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2009
I went today and thought the 42 was the 38 at first. Both are smaller then I imagined. The 38 is positively tiny, way too small for me. Its the size of a typical women's watch.

I did the same thing. It was much smaller than I thought. I have a 190 mm wrist and it looked fine. Not even close to too big.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
Appreciate the positive comments everyone, makes me even more excited about receiving my watch. 4-6 week wait for me though!

Oh.. Yours is just 2 cm. wider than me. Guess I need to see again the 38 is not too small for me.

danielceleste

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2012
And yet every time I try on the 38mn (3rd time was today) it looks like the right size. 155mm wrist size.

I have similar sized wrists as you (and presumably OP as well). I also tried on today and think our wrists are in a sweet spot where we could get away with either. :)

bgro

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2010
South Florida
Okay, I just have to say...

This is the first photo I've seen here yet, where the person's wrist looks like it was made for the Apple Watch!

(And/or the first photo that doesn't suffer from closeup-itis making it look too big.)

Looks great on you.

Agree. Watch looks good on the hand in this pic. Haven't really found it attractive up to this point.

pragmatous

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2012
Such a gorgeous watch. I so can't wait to put it on my wrist again.

chadrodgersLFD

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2014
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429148755.059586.jpg
I switched to this because my wife and even the Apple Guy said it looked great. OP is absolutely correct. Must go to the try on to see in person.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.