Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I hear you.

It's a little different for me though. I am getting old as well, but since I was 10 it's always been about "What's next?!" in regards to technology. Even if I don't end up buying or using that tech there's an insatiable curiosity in me to know just what the next new thing in the world of tech will be.

As I get older I know this is what will keep me active.

@jbarley is a perfect example of how I wish to keep going.

I am just running my business and out in the field more and more and my iPhone and the ability to use it without thinking is important to me. I could do the same with retraining on Android, just do not wish to do so.

Last edited:

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I am just running my business and out in the filed more and more and my iPhone and the ability to use it without thinking is important to me. I could do the same with retraining on Android, just do not wish to do so.
I understand. We are all different. My wife doesn't like having to think about tech either and I work with a lot of people that are very much that way. One of the reasons I've always been accused of not being "normal" or just "weird", because I at least want the concept of what's happening even if I do not have the details.

If my life was different in significant ways I'd probably be the same (maybe).

CooKieMoNs7eR

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2009
The X will sellout quickly then they'll move the shipping date to 3-4 weeks, same as apple watch release when it was first announced.

Reactions: BeeGood

upnorth85

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2011
MN, USA
I think the iPhone X will do very well in China and some Asian countries. It will become an aspiration item for status. Most people in developing countries may not be able to afford the higher price target. I suspect some women who used to go for the non + size will now go for the X because of the size factor. I was surprised when my wife who has never taken a + size said she wants the X. So I will be ordering 2 iPhone X's. I do hope those who can't wait go for iPhone 8, so the backlog for X might not take too long. Can one buy 2 phones in a single transaction? Or would I need to do one at a time. I am on T-mobile, and I always buy direct through Apple web site.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I tried Android once......never again
I tried it out with my jailbroken 5 once. Didn't care for it. Had two Android LG crap tablets in 2015 and it was a little better.

My main issue with Android is the GUI and icons as well as the fact that they have a 1001 ways to do the same thing. The GUI and icons seem to have improved in the last year to me and there are a few features I've liked when using my daughter's LG crap tablet.

Overall, I prefer iOS, especially when jailbroken but Apple's not selling a phone I want right now so that's the decision I have to make.

Last edited:

tubeexperience

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2016
i hope all these people griping about the iPhone x don’t buy it.leaves more units for me to get my hands on one at launch time. Thoughts. Any new news on production

You can have them.

Be sure to empty your wallet and max out your credit card.

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
Do all people realize that the X design that so many of you hate will be on all new phones ongoing.

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
Do all people realize that the X design that so many of you hate will be on all new phones ongoing.
I doubt that. They are seeing how much backlash they are getting with the X. I don't think most of us are getting on the design aspect of it, just realizing it's not as wow as people are making it out to be. The design is fine minus the hideous notch and gaudy bezels

BigDO

macrumors 65816
Dec 9, 2012
Can't say yet if I will or will not buy. For the first time I'm glad I'm in the 2nd wave release country so there will be plenty test bunnies to report back and make it possible to decide if *gate is worth gambling on.

Reactions: Technarchy

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
i hope all these people griping about the iPhone x don’t buy it.leaves more units for me to get my hands on one at launch time. Thoughts. Any new news on production

Yeah, there was a new production delay issue. I read it but forgot what it was. I, tend to ‘not obsess ‘ over those reports. Whatever happens, happens. There are things in life you have no control over so choose to wait patiently or bail.

When I get it, I get it 2017, 2018 . . . Next iPhone release
[doublepost=1506771274][/doublepost]
I was on the fence about it and have decided to get one. 1 gen anything new makes me worried but oh well! I'm going on!!

Other than the very first iPhone (that one doesn’t count) it will be the first time I’ve opted for a 1st generation iPhone as well. I’ll be going from an iPhone 6S plus to the X. Fastening my seatbelt as it’s going to be a bumpy, and probably a long, ride. I don’t have any concern about it as I’ve always jumped on the 1st generation train with other devices on a regular basis.
[doublepost=1506771620][/doublepost]
The X will sellout quickly then they'll move the shipping date to 3-4 weeks, same as apple watch release when it was first announced.

Ah, I remember that. I still have the first Apple Watch, and it keeps on ticking. I had to wait a while on my pre order but didn’t mind the wait. Often the anticipation is is much fun as having the new toy in your hands.

harpyeagle

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2011
iPhone x is all yours. I am not paying $1500 to take phone calls, send some messages and use safari from time to time. I have my 6s+ for that. Enjoy.

Reactions: soulreaver99

titrau

Suspended
Aug 16, 2017
Why dont buy ???? any excuse :)

1/ X version of steve jobs
2/ 999$ special phone
3/ New features
4/ World waiting ( HoT )

My pocket is ready ....:eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.