Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Flocarino

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 4, 2010
Montreal, Canada
Hello all,
Today, trying to use iMovie on my Mac Mini M1, in order to import some videos from the internal memory on my Sony Camcorder and nothing works.
I get all these kind of pop up system alerts that won't go away no matter what I click, ONLY a restart solves the problem.
I get the audio alert window from the same reason, asking me to lower the system security, that of course I CAN'T DO.....
It is all related to iMovie....first time I opened it in 3 years...LOL
I took a screenshot of the kind of windows opening.....
I really need some help as I need iMovie right now and nothing works as it should be.
Thank you

P.S. Please see an example image below....no matter what I click it won't close and that is on ANY similar alert windows from any app....I can drag/move the windows but cannot close them...just by restarting the Mini
MacOS Monterey 12.4
I just added a second picture right now, just happened with opening this app.....and got stuck with the Alert Window, no matter what I click: Don't Allow or OK

Attachments

• full.jpg
    full.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 316
  • Screen Shot 2022-06-24 at 22.34.55.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-06-24 at 22.34.55.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

Flocarino

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 4, 2010
Montreal, Canada
That’s a bit vague… You have run the command in Terminal, restarted your Mac and now what happens? You still can’t interact with the windows?
I restarted in Recovery Mode….opened Terminal and disable SIP….restarted in Recovery Mode and opened terminal again….entered « tccutil reset All » command and Nothing..failed.

MikeDr206

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2021
I get this from time to time on alert windows, but not these specific ones. Frankly, I think it’s a bug in MacOS.

The most recent one I recall was when I closes the lid on my M1 MBA and then disconnected my iPad after having used it in sidecar mode. When I reopened the Mac, it said it couldn’t detect my iPad, and clicking ok or cancel (or whatever the options were) did nothing.

Luckily, the window was movable so I moved it to the bottom right of the screen, nearly hidden.

Flocarino

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 4, 2010
Montreal, Canada
Got this one right now while updating the software for my LG screen:
Very annoying and thinking that only a RESTART will make it disappear....No solution up to now...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 17.53.41.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 17.53.41.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 51

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2009
I restarted in Recovery Mode….opened Terminal and disable SIP….restarted in Recovery Mode and opened terminal again….entered « tccutil reset All » command and Nothing..failed.
Try
Code:
sudo tccutil reset All

This is what it should return
tccutil reset All.jpg

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2009
Try to uninstall TechTool Pro using the installer, from the manual:
“The TechTool Pro Installer contains an Uninstall option. To Uninstall TechTool Pro, click the “Customize” button on the third page of the Main Install screen. Then choose “Remove TechTool Pro… Next, uncheck “Install TechTool Pro,” and check “Remove TechTool Pro”
https://www.micromat.com/product_manuals/techtool_pro_15_manual.pdf

Ruggy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2017
If you haven't used iMovie in 3 years, have you checked it's up to date?
Using a very old version might be the problem.
Also do you know how to use Force Quit ? Apple icon>drop down menu> force quit> choose program that's 'not responding'.

Mind The Mac

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2009
Yes, I got the latest version 10.3.3 and know how to do Force Quit but that won't help.
Recently experienced persistent alerts, that would not clear/respond (Monterey). My daily login is a Standard User, but by logging in as Administrator, I was able to interact and clear the alerts. So, just curious if you are logging in with Administrator permissions? If not, maybe give it try.

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
If Gemini is already installed can you add it to "full disk access" in Security Preferences so you don't get the message?

Mick-Mac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2011
I recently had an issue like this on my Intel MacBook Pro and it was quote infuriating. I ended up being able to fix the problem by initiating Mission Control and hovering the mouse over the offending dialog box. That revealed a window name that provided the clue I needed to locate a process name that I could subsequently kill via the Activity Monitor (or Terminal)

Flocarino

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 4, 2010
Montreal, Canada
I am logged as an administrator from as long as I remember…but I don’t even have access to permissions or modify them on the main disk….feels like I´m not in full control of my own Mac…sad

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2009
Create another admin account and see if the problems persist in that one.

Flocarino

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 4, 2010
Montreal, Canada
I tried today but all my folders on desktop were gone/not visible, so I switched back to my original account...and of course I got a small permanent window from Gemini ........

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2009
You can copy your folders from the old account. In Finder, press ⌘⇧G , paste /Users/ and press Go.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.