Please Help! I want to throw it at the wall!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kpetch, Mar 7, 2011.

1. kpetch, Mar 7, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2011

kpetch macrumors newbie

My iPhone 3G has been on the Apple Screen since about 1:30, and its 8:15 now. I have done the home+wake button like 15 times atleast. I cant do a restore because my computer has recently crashed and I have like 5 years of pictures on my phone.

2. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Don't you have your phone synced/backed up in iTunes, and your photos backed up on your computer?

3. kpetch thread starter macrumors newbie

No its not backed up....i said that my computer crashed! all of the stuff on the computer is GONE!

4. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

What do you mean by crashed? if you didn't throw your computer in a fire, you should be able to take the harddrive out and replace it in another computer and sync up the iPhone.

5. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Sounds like the phone is stuck in recovery mode, and if you don't have a computer to connect it to, you are SOL.

6. mgeyster macrumors member

mgeyster

I second that.

7. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

What exactly do you mean by crashed?

And how do you have 5 years worth of photos on it if the device is only 2.5 years old at most? Well, I guess you could've just put photos from the computer onto your phone.

8. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Good point...:D

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

LMAO:D
    Maybe he transfered old pictures to the iphone.
    And let me guess, he didnt have a backup of those pics saved anywhere either.
    It amazes me how people never bother to backup their iphones, hard drives or imporant files for years untill both their computer "crashes" or dies and at the same time the iphone also "crashes" and they're now SOL.
    Makes no sense IMO.

10. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Considering how relatively inexpensive CD or DVD-R discs are, putting important pictures on them should've been a no brainer.

ETA
    Back to the OP: is there another computer you can connect to? Perhaps a friend's? Considering your childish behavior to people who are trying to help, I wouldnt be surprised if you were friendless. Install iPhone explorer and see if you can connect the phone. If it isn't recognized, d/l tiny umbrella and see if you can kick out of recovery.