Please Help? Im a Div

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Daniel97, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Daniel97 macrumors 6502a

Okay - dont shout and scream i know im a dimwit!

I installed a pirate copy of GM on my MBP a week ago just to get a flavour to see if i should upgrade when its released. (I am already getting a free copy as i bought my MBP after 6 June)

Anyway - was only ever going to be temp and i always wanted to take it off and run legit.

SO last night i backed up to a CCC and then wiped my HD.

Reinstalled from SL disk etc etc to get a nice clean install -

Copied across my Music, Photos, Videos, Docs etc ..

However -

Where can i find my contacts, calendar entries and iphone backups from iTunes?

Yes i know i shouldnt use a GM but i did sorry and now i just want some expert advice to get my stuff back.

My iPhone is away at Apple being repaired so when it gets back i need something to restore it too.

Thanks in advance

2. baryon macrumors 68040

baryon

I don't get it: you had SL, you backed that up with CCC, and then installed Lion, and now you want to go back to SL from your CCC backup before installing the "official and legal" Lion?

Restoring from a CCC backup should restore EVERYTHING exactly as it was, and that of course includes your iPhone backups.

3. Daniel97 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sorry i should be more clear ..

I did a SL backup onto CCC yes but then when i installed lion i added some music and calender apps etc and backed up my phone with new info.

So i want to extract that data from the CCC of Lion.

IM just curious where i can find the file paths etc that show where abouts these items are kept inside Lion

4. thankins macrumors 6502

Your music will be at Username/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music/Artist Name

As far as your calendar - are you syncing it with MobileMe or GMail? If that is the case then you don't have to worry about it.

You could also copy over the whole iTunes library from above and restore it at the exact location above on SL and it would all work too.

5. Daniel97 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I copied accross my music, docs, photos etc by copying my home folder ..

i then did migration assistant for my apps ..

but im just missing the in depth stuff now ..

and nope i dont back up my calender to gmail or anything :(

6. Cougarcat macrumors 604

I'm not sure I'm seeing the point in what you're doing. Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but there's no need to "take it off and run legit." The GM is the same as the final version. Through the up-to-date program you'll receive a code for the Mac App Store. Just enter that and OS X will be added to your purchases and you'll be legit. No need to wipe and reinstall anything.

7. aristobrat macrumors G5

If Lion upgraded your calendar/contact data, the old version of iCal and Address Book in Snow Leopard might not be able to read it.

If you were you, I'd sit tight, run Snow Leopard without all of your data for a day or two until Lion comes out, do a legit upgrade, and then use the Migration Assistant app to pull all of your user data off of the CCC backup you made from the pirated version of Lion.

8. Daniel97 thread starter macrumors 6502a

The external HD with the CCC of illegal lion on it also has some really old crap and loads of gumph i dont need .. about 10GB ..

I figured with a clean instal it would of been easy lol.

Can i not just migrate my calender, contacts and iphone backup to SL and leave the files sitting there patientally waiting?

I dont want to completely copy accross the whole CCC of lion as its a bit of a mess.

I just want the

Calender
    Contacts
    iPhone Backups

The rest can all vanish :)