Please help, my macbook pro wont turn on

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Superbo, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Superbo macrumors newbie

I have a 13 inch macbook pro 2010 ,

I was rendering something out and heard the fan spinning fast.. The internet stopped working so i quit out of everything and restarted the comp.. After restart, the airport card went missing..after multiple restarts the airport card was still undetected by the comp.. I shutdown and waited a bit before turning on but now the computer wont start at all.. Im plugged in with full battery indicated on the side. The sleep light turns on but it is dim and i hear the fan spinning very quietly but the screen is black and there is no startup sound... Please help, i am in seoul korea at the moment with no official apple stores...

Thanks.

2. GuitarG20 macrumors 65816

GuitarG20

3. S7A2G6 macrumors member

S7A2G6

Did the SMC work? If not I would suggest taking the bottom off and making sure the actual HD is still intact.

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

What were you rendering? I ask because by what you tell me your Mac most likely overheated since the fan rev'd up.

5. Superbo thread starter macrumors newbie

I just tried resetting the smc and still does not work, havent taken the bottom off yet but will try as soon as i can get a hold of a tiny screwdriver..

I was rendering some footage in final cut..

Have been looking at solutions all night and it seems to be a failed logic board..

Let me know if anyone disagrees or if i should try something else before giving up all hope...thank you