please help save christmas!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ninnymuggins, Dec 8, 2011.

1. ninnymuggins macrumors newbie

first off, i am ipod-stupid!
    so, my sister asked me to buy her 4 daughters used ipods for christmas, so i did. i bought all 4 from ebay. 1 of them had a bunch of extra apps added and my sister wanted them all to be the same so there would be no fighting. i went into settings...general...reset...reset all settings and the apps were still there, so i tried erase all content and settings. that was last night... today i checked on the ipod to see if it worked and it wouldnt turn on, so i plugged it into the usb thinking it was out of juice. it was fully charged before i did that last night, but i figured maybe it used up the battery?
    anyways, long story short... all i see is a "skull-apple" logo... does that make sense to anyone? also, itunes is not recognizing it. it is scary and im afraid i killed my neices ipod!! please someone help me make it like the other 3 and save christmas!!! i cannot afford to buy her another one or i would..:confused:
    please help quickly because i havnt told my sister what ive done and im hoping i wont have to!!

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

What model iPod is it? It's been jailbroken and it should be pretty easy to restore it back to Apple fresh.

3. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Press and hold the home+lock button until the device turns off, and then release the home button (but keep pressing the lock button). The device will restart and prompt you to plug it into itunes from where you can restore it and start it like new.

4. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

5. snowbrdr1 macrumors newbie

snowbrdr1

The IPod has been jailbroken which is why you see that logo. All you have to do is reset it to default factory settings and the jailbreak will be gone

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Put your device into recovery mode to restore the OS. To do recovery mode:

(Please read first than follow steps)
    1) Turn the iPod touch on (showing logo is fine), open iTunes, prepare the iPod cable so the computer end is connected, but do not plug in your device.
    2) Hold the power button and the home button down simultaneously, until the screen goes black and the device turns off. That means keep holding it until it's actually black and ignoring all dialogs on the device.
    3) Release the power button only, while continuing to hold the home button. Your iPod touch be turned off at this point and the screen should not be on (not even a backlight). This means do not touch the power button.
    4) While in this mode, holding down the home button, then connect your iPod touch to the computer with iTunes open.
    5) Keep holding the home button until iTunes [on the computer] gives you a message that reads "iTunes has detected an iPod touch in recovery mode…" and then you can release all the buttons on the iPod.
    6) Restore the device via the button in iTunes.

Please follow these steps in order or it may not work.

After restore it should work like normal, so set up the device as you require.

7. AbyssImpact macrumors 6502a