Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mtneer

macrumors 68040
Sep 15, 2012
All I can say is I love the big iPhone. I like the big screen, and the and absolutely love its battery life! I would get the iPhone 6s Plus in a heartbeat but I can't afford it. I...

The difference between the 6S and the 6S+ is about $100. If you can't afford that today, why not wait a month or two, saving a couple of bucks everyday and get yourself a nice Christmas with the shiny new 6S+? Why go in now and spend close to 90% of the price of the 6S+ on a phone that is a year old??

Voodoofreak

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2012
Really depends on the individual. I moved from a 5s to a 6s plus and I'm loving the plus after getting used to the 2 handed operation. The battery alone was worth going the larger phone.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
Probably the Plus but why does it matter? You have to select based on your needs/wants, not on polling.

StarShot

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2014
If you're an adult, get the 6S, especially if you mainly use it as a PHONE. If you want to look like a dork talking to what looks like a pocket book, get the 6S+.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
If you're an adult, get the 6S, especially if you mainly use it as a PHONE. If you want to look like a dork talking to what looks like a pocket book, get the 6S+.

If you mainly use it as a phone then you don't need a top of the line smartphone at all, let alone a phablet.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012

If you're going to mainly use it as a phone, you can easily go get a flip phone. That will be cheaper and work just as good. Smartphones actually aren't the most optimal phones in terms of cost/benefit.

ACE_350

Cancelled
Aug 12, 2013
I think at the end of the day you have the make the determination for yourself, I've tried both extensively and ended up going with the 6S. It's hard now to find a compact flagship device and the 6S gives me that.

I really like the Plus model, it's very fun to use and play with in the house or when you're stationary, but when you're on the move and actually mobile, it starts to get cumbersome. Battery life is amazing on the Plus model but the regular 6 easily gets me through the day with my usage.

I would say if you're looking for a truly all in one device where you don't need a tablet or use a computer very much, and take lots of pictures and do a lot of media consumption on your smartphone then thats where the Plus is good at, otherwise if you're just looking for a good smartphone then I would stick with the regular 6S, just my two cents.

I've used almost every iPhone since it first released and it's always been compact of course, so thats why I still stick with the smaller model, when I'm home I'm either using my computer or my tablet, and my phone just lays on my desk most of the time, when I'm out and about however, I want something more compact.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
I wouldn't go near the old Plus anymore.

1.) 1GB of RAM. Just, no.

2.) The pliable aluminum they used. It really is very soft, and was the reason it was prone to bend or warp, and the reason Apple decided to use much stronger (and pricier) aluminum for the S.

Shikaka

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
I went from 5 to 6+ to 6S+.

Really disappointed with the 6+ camera. Bad watercolor effect and freezing. Other than that, and the constant page refreshing, it was OK for me.

6S+ feels like what I expected the 6+ to be.

I vote for the 6S.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.