Please Help!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by adonis0213, Apr 9, 2011.

1. adonis0213 macrumors newbie

By accident, I updated my iPhone 3GS (old bootrom) from iOS 4.0.1 to iOS 4.2.1. I downgraded it back to iOS 4.0.1 so I can unlock it, but the baseband remained the same as the one on iOS 4.2.1 (05.15.04).

Is this normal? I have read from various sites that if I downgraded my iOS back to an older version, it would also downgrade my baseband.

NOTE: I have all my SHSH saved!

Any help would be appreciated!

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Baseband can't be downgrade. So, you are not lost your unlock. The only way you can unlock your phone now is going with the Ipad baseband and if you do, your phone GPS will not work.

When upgrading your firmware, you did not use TU so you can save the baseband. These SHSH blobs are use when TU is running so you can preserve the baseband.

3. adonis0213 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have my SHSH saved in TU for iOS 4.0.1. Can I just restore it by TSS server option in TU and get my baseband back?

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

you can downgrade firmware via tu for 3GS above you can only go to 4.0.1. Sorry baseband can not be reversed at this time on any Iphone!

5. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

I concur with Labman on this. However, there is a rare number of 3G Iphone which has bootloader 05.08 can be downgrade the baseband. However, this is not applied to you since you have a 3GS.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Sorry Adonis, like the guys mentioned you cannot downgrade a 3GS baseband. The shsh blobs are only there to downgrade the firmware but not the BB.
    Hang tight though cause I heard there might be a solution down the road to downgrade to unlockable baseband.

7. adonis0213 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys for all your help. I guess I'll hang tight and see what happens :)

8. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

False statement. Learn more and then make glaring remarks like this.

9. labman macrumors 604

labman

from TS adonis0213 I have my SHSH saved in TU for iOS 4.0.1. Can I just restore it by TSS server option in TU and get my baseband back?

I replied: you can downgrade firmware via tu for 3GS above you can only go to 4.0.1. Sorry baseband can not be reversed at this time on any Iphone!

what was wrong TS stated he had blobs saved for 4.0.1, if I made a mistake fine butt tell me what was wrong rather then just calling me out! I am by no means perfect but want to learn by my mistakes as well.

10. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

What is wrong that you claim any iPhone can't have its baseband downgraded.

The 1st Gen iPhone and some iPhone 3G can downgrade their basebands at will.

That means that if you own any of these devices you can switch baseband versions at will. Regardless if you "accidentally" updated.

11. labman macrumors 604

labman

well then thank you now I know! Sorry