Please!!!!Need Help With This Dilemma!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by coolweirdo, Oct 16, 2011.

1. coolweirdo macrumors regular

coolweirdo

OK HERE IS THE SITUATION:

IM CURRENTLY ON SPRINT (Iphone 4s) BUT THE DATA SPEEDS ARE NOT GREAT.REALLY CONSIDERING SWITCHING TO ANOTHER CARRIER

WHAT WOULD YOU GUYS SUGGEST? STICK IT OUT(it might get better)OR JUMP SHIP(there is no hope)

WHAT CARRIER,AND WHY?
    pros and cons

OK THANKS IN ADVANCE

2. wellok macrumors 6502

I wouldn't expect it to just suddenly get better. Switch if you're unhappy. I like Verizon but it will depend on your area.

3. appleisgod macrumors regular

i don't know what we're yelling about. ( it won't let me do all caps) :)

4. coolweirdo thread starter macrumors regular

coolweirdo

im in orlando

5. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

6. wayneholbrook macrumors regular

wayneholbrook

AT&T, twice as fast as the other carriers, GSM technology, to travel the world. Talk, text, search the web, send emails, look for directions all at the sometime. No other carrier can do this. Cheaper then Verizon. Don't believe all the hype about dropped calls, that depends on the area with any carrier. I'm in Miami and I don't have any issues.

7. coolweirdo thread starter macrumors regular

coolweirdo

out of frustration i felt like i made a dumb move by going with sprint...... besides its not like you can hear me screaming anyway...... or can you lol

8. sedril macrumors member

Yeah, totally depends on area... I stuck it out with AT&T here which was horrible for the whole 2 years, got my 4s and switched to Verizon, so far I couldn't be happier, Verizon is 100 times better in this area....

9. coolweirdo thread starter macrumors regular

coolweirdo

if i switch to att i wont be able to get the unlimited data will i?

10. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

Well, it's not "hype" if you are actually in one of those areas (which I am), it is very real, and very annoying. Now you are correct that it depends on where you are, but AT&T does have some really horrendous service in certain areas. And, traveling around the U.S., I've found many, many locations where I either get intermittent or no signal at all on AT&T.

11. gab2012 macrumors member

12. coolweirdo thread starter macrumors regular

coolweirdo

Hi Hater... Does It really Bother You That Bad That I Typed With Caps? Im Lookin For Advice Not A English Teacher To Spank Me On The Wrist About Caps.

besides Im Stuck With Delimma,I Gotta Decide Wat Im Gonna Do.

Thanks For Your Time Tho

13. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

Heh. Well that's an odd question, what does "80% happy" mean? I guess the answer is no, since I just switched from AT&T to Verizon with the 4S. In a sense I was "0% happy" because it seemed like I could never complete a damned phone call without some issue (call wouldn't go through, dropped call, noise on line, one side can't hear the other, echoing, etc.). When AT&T worked, it worked really well. I loved the simultaneous voice and data (gonna miss that) and the data speeds were very good...when I could get a 3G connection that is, which wasn't all the time, especially while driving around. In the end I decided I'd rather have something reliable than something that works well, but only part of the time. So far, so good.

14. Eradik macrumors regular

I'm 100% happy with ATT. Rarely dropped calls, fast internet, etc etc.

But again, I'm not in New York or Chicago or some large city with millions of users or in an area with crappy cell tower build out. It all depends on where you are at.

I would recommend ATT. And, if it gives your problems, return it within the 30 days.

15. coolweirdo thread starter macrumors regular

coolweirdo

Thanks!!! Where Are You Located? If You Don't Mind Me Asking

16. taedouni macrumors 65816

Here's my one reason!!! (See picture)
    Need I say any more?
    But seriously, i've had Verizon (the original Motorola Droid back in November 2009) and I did not noticed a significant drop in call quality when I switched to AT&T. Verizon may have more coverage, but that's in areas that are in the middle of nowhere.

Attached Files:

17. coolweirdo thread starter macrumors regular

coolweirdo

wooooooow!!!!!! thats great data speed

18. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Yeah, it bothered me. All caps is widely understood to be yelling and starting each word with a capital letter is even worse lol.

Switch to At&t or Verizon, but it all depends on your area.

19. vegastime macrumors regular

My question is, how do these fast download speeds relate to real world use? Are web pages really going to load that much faster?

20. coolweirdo thread starter macrumors regular

coolweirdo

I know with sprint it takes a full 1 sometimes 2 minutes for a simple page to load

21. taedouni macrumors 65816

Yes web pages will load faster. Plus you will not have any trouble streaming videos on youtube,netflix etc.

I use to use my old iPhone 4 (jailbreak) for tethering whenever my home internet stopped working and I had no issues having video conversations via msn and skype.

22. MortalDays macrumors regular

VERIZON all the way. Enough said. At&t sucks in coverage. It doesn't matter how much faster At&t is if you can't get a reliable connection at all.

So VERIZON. :D

23. taedouni macrumors 65816

Coverage depends on your location. In Ann Arbor MI, AT&T has proven to be more reliable than Verizon. Plus CDMA 3G will forever be capped at around 3Mbps.

24. MortalDays macrumors regular

Perhaps if you only stay in Ann Arbor, MI, it is true.

But Verizon CDMA technology provides a longer range in coverage per tower. This comes in handy when you are traveling from state to state. This is a mobile phone after all. :)

I used to be a At&t user but switched to Verizon. Verizon top notch customer service is something to pride about. I can still remember those days calling for At&t technical support about coverage issues and they patch it to someone in India lol. At&t customer reps always try to avoid answering your question by saying something rhetorical back. I even got dropped calls right in front of the local At&t stores. Sigh.

Anyways, your choice. :rolleyes:

25. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

Do some Google searches and see if you can find out about what people prefer in your area. People can talk all they want about "AT&T drops calls" or "Verizon's speed sucks" etc. etc. The truth is that it's extremely dependent on where you are. So do some research and see what people generally have to say about their coverage and speeds in your area.

I'm in Michigan, and I'm getting between 4-5 Mbps on AT&T. I occasionally have a dropped call, but not often enough to bother me. But that doesn't help you at all because you're in FL.

----------

Just because AT&T was bad for you doesn't mean it is for everyone. And not everyone travels a lot. If you only travel once or twice a year, you should get coverage based on what works in YOUR area. If you travel every week, then you'd have a lot more research to do.