PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!! Iphone bricked after 3.0 install

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphonemarkus, Mar 18, 2009.

1. iphonemarkus macrumors newbie

I'm devastated, I need my Iphone in the morning and it's bricked now since I did not register it before uploading 3.0.

I then registered the ID and tried to reconnect it to Itunes, but Itunes won't sync with it. Itunes won't even recognize the phone anymore.

Any ideas, help??? Thanks!

2. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

Where did you get the 3.0 firmware? Was it off of Apple's developer site, or did you pirate it?

Don

3. iphonemarkus thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

I didn't mean to offend you, but I just wanted to check. If it was pirated, it could have had something written into it that would cause your phone to brick.

Is it totally bricked, or does it show the connect to iTunes message?

Don

5. lostfan916 macrumors 6502a

lostfan916

If you are running OS X, go to System Profilier, click on USB, click on iPhone and note the serial number. In the Dev site enter that number to activate your phone.

6. iphonemarkus thread starter macrumors newbie

Itunes won't recognize it once it's connected. BUT...It shows up for a split second in Itunes right after disconnecting from the mac.

7. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

Well the previous poster nailed it on the head. You need to get the iPhone's serial number and register it on the Apple Developer Connection site.

Don

8. iphonemarkus thread starter macrumors newbie

lost, I have activated the phone in the dev portal under devices. Do I need to get a certificate, too?

9. lostfan916 macrumors 6502a

lostfan916

No idea... once it's activated you should be good to go with iTunes.

10. darwen macrumors 6502a

darwen

As long as your device ID registered this should work. Everything is sort of guess and check at this point so please report back with what happens for others with the same issue.

Put the phone in recovery mode (hold the power + home) buttons while it's pigged into iTunes. Keep holding them as the phone reboots and you will see just the iTunes logo with a dock connector. In iTunes you will see an option to restore. Try the 3.0 install/restore again.

11. iphonemarkus thread starter macrumors newbie

the phone itself only show the apple logo now on the screen, no matter how often I reboot it. It's just hung up there....

Let me ask you, in order to register it you ONLY have to register it under DEVICES right? Or did you register an APP ID, get a certificate and all the other stuff, too?

12. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

Have you tried to put it into recovery mode though? Most of the time that can solve your problem.

Don

13. iphonemarkus thread starter macrumors newbie

yep, just tried that. Itunes won't recognize the phone...I'm going to restart the comp

14. dustinl4m3 macrumors regular

It should just work with the proper UUID under Devices.

Have you verified the UUID you added? You should be able to see your UUID under System Profiler.

15. iphonemarkus thread starter macrumors newbie

I did, it's the correct one.
    Same thing happened again, Itunes didn't show the Iphone when connected, but as soon as I disconnected it, it showed up for a split second. This is so frustrating....

16. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

I'd like to say take it to the genius bar, but I'm not sure that they'd help you. Most of the time when they get a bricked iPhone, they assume that you tried to jailbreak it.

I know that there is supposed to be a iPhone 3.0 support forum on the dev site, I don't know if Apple has it up and running yet, though. You might have better luck there.

Don

17. Bye Bye Baby macrumors 65816

Bye Bye Baby

18. dustinl4m3 macrumors regular

What version of iTunes?

19. iphonemarkus thread starter macrumors newbie

No, I haven't tried SDK activation. Latest version of Itunes, just checked

20. iphonemarkus thread starter macrumors newbie

the Apple dev forums says: We'll be back soon...

21. tommyminahan macrumors regular

just FYI, you can also get the serial number off the phone itself-
    its printed on the inside of the sim-card tray. good for those times when it won't recognize at ALL on the computer! :)

22. iphonemarkus thread starter macrumors newbie

the phone is already registered on the dev site...and has been recognized on the site. But reconnecting and syncing with Itunes doesn't work.

23. garethjs macrumors 6502

there is a difference between serial number and uid. People are getting it mixed up. I'm not sure what the sim card holder shows but I doubt it's the uid. Plug in your device to iTunes and on the summary page it will show u the serial number. Click on it again and it shows u the uid. This is what u have to register under devices.

But if iTunes doesn't recognize it and u can't enter dfu mode then I guess your stuck.

24. iNikon macrumors member

No offense, but if you need your phones so badly, why are you people installing beta software on it? :confused::confused:

25. dustinl4m3 macrumors regular

If you are on a Mac, System Profiler should show the UUID as "Serial Number" under USB.