Please, please, please recommend a notebook case for my new MBP, please?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by basqarl, Feb 29, 2008.

1. basqarl macrumors regular

Need to get a sleeve and/or notebook case for my new MBP. I see a lot of possibilities online, but I don't know which one(s) are most durable, protective and easily carried.

2. elberggreno macrumors member

I just recieved the Incase Vertical Sling Canvas from the apple store today and I LOVE it! It fits alot without being bulky, it's stilish and looks awsome, and it's very comfortable!

Can pack mine with a MBP 15", mighty mouse, extra battery, a few notepads and the power inverter and it still feels so nice to wear..

The compuer-compartament is coated with fake-fur, such a nice touch..

I know I sound like I'm doing advertising but this is the best computer bag I've ever seen..

http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/canvas-vertical-sling-cl55036

reserved against bad spelling, I'ts friday and I'm drunk..

3. P.B. macrumors member

4. a4abt macrumors regular

5. kettner macrumors newbie

6. skiffx macrumors 6502a

7. basqarl thread starter macrumors regular

Oops. Should I have targeted my question more specifically toward the details of a 17" MBP or are cases - cases regardless of the type of notebook you have? (In other words, are certain cases better for certain types of notebooks?)

8. dj420118 macrumors regular

There are some cases that are custom-fitted for the 17 inch macbook pro.

For example:

http://www.radtech.us/Products/GloveCase.aspx

That case has several custom fitting sizes depending on the size of your notebook. If you already have a briefcase and just want something to protect your laptop inside your already existent bag then this is a good choice.

9. Hello.there macrumors 6502a

Hello.there

I went for the Crumpler Boomer for my MacBook -

[​IMG]

If I'm travelling and need more room I use the Tech Air Sports Messenger -

[​IMG]

10. OrangesOfCourse macrumors member

I'm looking for something like this for my 17" MBP. If i dont find anything i think i might get the STM Brink. What do you guys think of that bag?

11. skiffx macrumors 6502a

Actually after carefully considering, I just canceled my Jack Spade bag and ordered the incase one :D

If you like STM Brink you might want to check out Jack Spade actually but its pricey.

12. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

Best case for MBP is the ZeroShock III. I dropped my MBP and I had my case on it and it had no dents, marks, or anything!! Perfect. It uses memory foam and it is straight outta Japan.

13. Ryox macrumors 6502a

Ryox

its more of a sleeve really, its designed to go into another bag to give even more protection. I just ordered one of those myself :D
    I'm also waiting for that incase bag too.

14. McGiord, Feb 29, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

15. MarsianMan macrumors member

I bought the Incase Nylon Sleeve with Handles which is just big enough for the MBP, and it has space for power brick and a few essentials (like mouse and a few sheets of paper). I really like it because it can be a lightweight bag to carry around the laptop and it can also be a protective bag which can fit inside my backpack for when I need more space.

16. Ryox macrumors 6502a

Ryox

They should make a "Mac and Macbook Accessories" Forum with Lists and links of good bags, cases, stands, etc... sorry for being a bit off topic :)

17. Ryox macrumors 6502a

Ryox

Just wondering if anyones who has a MBP ever used the incase bag with a ZeroShock III sleeve? Does it fit? lol

18. teleromeo macrumors 65816

teleromeo

I carry my powerbook in an axio hardshell backpack since 3 years. I know is't not a case but I'm happy with it and it feels very comfortable and safe.

[​IMG]

19. GirthP macrumors regular

I was stressing over this...

and got the Brenthaven Prolite II. I am very satisfied. I can carry all my cords; ethernet, cross-over ethernet, firewire, usb, 1/8 stereo adaptors, earbuds, plus video adaptors. I also carry my bluetooth mighty mouse, my 500GB WD Mybook (until my 320 2.5 sata comes through), with room to spare.

It's a bit heavy, but I love having what I need when I need it.

20. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

Speck cases are very nice too. I don't have an MBP but I saw it and the person who had it said he likes it. Plus, it looks way cool.

21. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

22. nihilisticmonk macrumors 6502

nihilisticmonk

Attached Files:

23. JayMtl macrumors newbie

Really beautiful case and solid construction but it looks neither practical - it appears to ONLY fit a laptop - nor protective - it seems that a drop would offer no shock absorption or cushioning. I still want one...but only to look at! :cool:

I remember falling for Vaja's distinctive iPod cases when they were first introduced a few years back but their stuff is just an excess of style with not enough practicality.

24. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

it's definitely a fashion statement.
    the bag looks great

25. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B