Please post if your "light bleeding" appears to be fading.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by richard371, Mar 18, 2011.

1. richard371 macrumors 68000

I have had mine since launch day. It sure does seem like it's fading.

2. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

PICS please... :rolleyes::D

3. richard371 thread starter macrumors 68000

I didn't take a before pic. If it is indeed fading Itnshould be almost gone by next week.

4. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

If a LCD screen is pinched which causes a bright spot, I'm unsure what's going to happen to relieve this, unless the glass at the front moves.

5. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

Cool... I guess that is very good news to most people. Good luck. :)

6. trssho macrumors 6502

I got mine on launch, and the light bleed does seem less, though I do not know why it "seems" that way.

People running around trading in 2,3,4 iPads looking for a perfect one need to get a grip. They come with a 12 month warranty, and apple stands by their product 100%. If mine seems unacceptable in 3 months let's say, I will exchange then, and meanwhile enjoy my near perfect iPad.

7. anonymous6237 macrumors 6502

anonymous6237

There were issues on the iPhone 4 launch which were caused by glue that hadn't quite dried, allowing light to "bleed" through. As soon as the glue hardened 100% the problem disappeared.

8. richard371 thread starter macrumors 68000

Still seems to be some debate on wether it is the glue where the LCD is attched to the rim of the glass or the pinching effect. But yes Apple has a great exchange policy so I will wait and if it bugs be a few weeks down the road I may Exchange. I have no problems with refurbs as they are in mint condition and sometimes have less issue then a new one.

9. VidPro macrumors 6502a

VidPro

I've noticed the decrease too. No before and after pics though

10. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

I think they are counting on a "getting used to it" side effect.

You get your iPad and are examining it for any fault.
    You notice the backlight bleed, but then turn it back down to 50% to use as normal.
    After another week, you start thinking, well, it's not too bad actually and I'm not really noticing it, so I'll just leave it.

I think they are counting on that to some extent.

11. gus6464 macrumors regular

Mine had slight bleeding on the right side of the screen when I bought it and after watching a movie last night on it I could barely notice now so it will probably go away in another week.

12. Branskins macrumors 65816

My brightness is a little below 50% and you can still see it on dark backgrounds. It isn't as noticeable as when the backlight is brighter, but you can definitely still see it.

13. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

These ipads have been made quite a few weeks back and it is not like they built them just before the launch. The adhesive should have been cured already.

14. Mjmar macrumors 65816

Hoping this is true. Mine appears to be fading, but it could just be me being hopeful.

15. anonymous6237 macrumors 6502

anonymous6237

The same comments were made with the iPhone 4 launch but they had the same issues.

16. Jcoz macrumors 6502

For many, putting the settings in actual use levels shows that there really is no problem.

You know, instead of taking photos in pitch black rooms, overexposing the pictures and finding a small light bleed because they wouldn't stop until they did.

Some of the posts in there are flat out ridiculous. Some people have real issues with the bleeding. But if you need to go though what some do to identify a flaw, well maybe there really isnt an issue and a week or two actually using the device instead of staring at pitch black screens in their closet would do some good.

But for christs sake, SHOULDNT real life settings be the bar for whether or not there is a problem?

Some posters in there are happy with the device even and a select few are hell bent in showing/convincing them that they have a serious problem that needs "IMMEDIATE ATTENTION!!!"

17. VidPro macrumors 6502a

VidPro

Maybe. I'm a video freak and I can't stand stiff like this so I'm staying with it's getting better. :)

18. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

Not necessarily true the heat helps the glue settle and I'm sure Apple didn't burn them in anymore than making sure that the unit powers on and boots.

19. VidPro macrumors 6502a

VidPro

Whoa! I could see the light with the settings probably below normal and it was bothersome. I also think that if someone wants to set their iPad to torch mode they should be able to without a fireworks show in the background.

20. Jcoz macrumors 6502

Agreed, if you see it normal use (whatever your personal "normal use" settings are), its a problem.

No arguments there.

21. richard371 thread starter macrumors 68000

Maybe I was smoking crack but I don't think mine is going away after all. I have an apt with the Smart bar on Monday. I have no dust under the screen, no bad pixels, no yellow screen, no wifi issues etc I have been reading about so Im not giving mine up unless they have a perfect one lol. Damn I hate OCD but then again I spent 729+tax

22. johnc22 macrumors 6502

I have the flashlight issue on the left side but it's very minimal.

The upper-right corner has an orange/yellowish tinge to it. It has not gotten better, but then I don't notice it during normal use of the iPad. Since I have a 1 year window to exchange it if Apple improves manufacturing then I'll probably just keep this one.

I may however return it before next Friday due to disappointment with the resolution and text quality in Safari.

23. h00ligan macrumors 68030

I have to eat my words a bit. I was in the camp of 'deal with it, it's not a big problem' but two things have changed.

A) some of the shots here are atrocious, no way I would accept it.
    B) for the first time, I found it annoying last night, and comparatively mine bleeds only a bit.

24. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

The issue is how do you use your iPad.

I use mine 99% of the time in a dark room during the late night evenings. That's my use for the product. I probably have used my iPad for no more than 2 hours during the past year in bright daylight.

Luckily my iPad1 is very good and suffers from no obvious bright spots. A little light fading as all LCD's do towards some edges, but very subtle, as they all should be. the very distinct spots that have been shown in this and other threads would be unbearable for me, given my almost total dimly lit room, late evening use of the product.

25. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

I use my iPad daily and the yellow tint I had, went away. I had mine since launch. I have a little on the bottom right thats barley noticeable. I can live with that. Brightness: I kept the factory 50% the same. I'll bump it down to 35% now that i'm done testing.