Plus Size Poll

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by greentiger, Sep 25, 2016.

Tags:
?

Have you moved from 6/6s to a 6/7 Plus model? Are you a guy that wears well-fitting pants?

1. The larger physical size is fine in my hand(s) and pocket.

2. The larger physical size is fine in my hand(s), but not in my pocket.

3. It's too big period.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. greentiger macrumors newbie

I'm contemplating a move from a 6 to a 7 Plus but I'm worried about the size in my pocket.

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Wait until next year when Apple is rumored to ditch the dedicated home button in the iPhone 8, in which case they should in theory be able to fit the 5.5" screen in roughly the footprint of the current 4.7" model.

3. Aml216 macrumors 6502a

Aml216

A mysterious location in the middle of nowhere
    That would be a dream. We're all hoping for that. That'd be awesome.

I wouldn't worry about the Plus size. Just go for it. If it doesn't work you you have a 14d return window. That said if you're wearing those skinny jeans you may need to place the phone in your back pocket.

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

5. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

For determining whether a phone will fit comfortably in a pants pocket someone should derive a formula based on phone width, pants fit and thigh radius.

6. stulaw11 Suspended

Or hipsters should try wearing man pants. Tight/skinny pants only belong on females.

There's a big difference between "well fitting" like a tailored suit, and hipster pants. The plus fits fine in a tailored suit pants.

7. TJ82 macrumors 6502a

TJ82

Ditch the leggings bud and you'll be fine.

8. CaptMarvel macrumors 65816

CaptMarvel

What's this we business??

9. Aml216 macrumors 6502a

Aml216

A mysterious location in the middle of nowhere
    What I meant was many people would like to have a larger screen on a smaller iPhone. Those upper and lower bezels are killing me.
    And if I am taking the tone of your comment the way you likely intend me too, I am certainly far from the only one who would like to see this happen.

--- Post Merged, Sep 25, 2016 ---
    Sweet!

10. T5BRICK macrumors G3

T5BRICK

I've had a + model since the 6+ was available in 2014. It fits in the front left pocket of every single pair of pants and shorts I own. I don't wear baggy clothes but I also don't wear skinny jeans.

My wife, on the other hand, has a 6s. It doesn't fit into her pockets because they're less than 2" deep in most cases. She opted for a 7+ this year for the 2x zoom and the improved battery life.

11. areyes163 macrumors 6502

areyes163

The bezels don't bother me. I had the s6 edge. S7edge and.l note 7. They are great devices for sure but when you remove the bezels for all screen it makes the phone hard to handle especially one handed. You hand will touch the screen resulting in accidental screen presses. At least in my experience. If you use a case it helps negate this but there are a ton of people who don't use cases who will hate this. We will see what Apple does next year. I have a feeling a lot of people are going to be disappointment when Apple doesn't release a radically new design.

12. Markarian421 macrumors member

Markarian421

I love the 6s+ & 7+ for the screen size, I can't go back now. But it's definitely not as pocketable of a phone, if that's a priority for you stick with the smaller phone. I sometimes put it in my front pants pocket (if it won't fit in a shirt pocket) but I take it out it I'm going to sit down. Never my back pants pockets. Mostly my shirt pocket but when I got the 6s+ is only fit in the pockets of about half my shirts. Overall I just carry it or leave it on the desk/table a lot more than any phone I've had before.

13. werked macrumors regular

werked

Girl pants pose a problem with the larger ip+, as do all phablets. As a chic who despises the front pockets on womens pants (I mean, seriously... they are completely worthless) I have to either use a case with a holster or slip it in the back pocket. This still doesn't keep me from wanting/using a larger phone. + all the way for me!!

14. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I know this will repulse many but I love the Seidio Suface case me it holster. I live in the business world and holsters are not so looked down on. It allows me to get to my phone hundreds of times, with ease, no matter if I am walking, sitting or driving. The Plus size, extra capacity battery, and twin cameras are just icing on the cake.

15. Chargr macrumors regular

Chargr

If you are a guy and have a problem fitting the + in your pocket as some have said, take off the girl pants and you will be fine.

16. Aibocyrus macrumors 6502a

Aibocyrus

I wear tight fitting pants and it fits just fine and isn't uncomfortable. I will say it's taking some getting used to but it is well worth the size when you're using it. Easier to text on and just awesome for viewing.
    And the one thing I've been loving is that you can get landscape mode on the home screen. It is such a small thing but it's really convenient to me surprisingly lol

17. greentiger thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the input, everyone. I pulled the trigger on a 7 Plus this morning; the screen real estate, camera and battery were just too attractive.

On a side, note I'm very amused by all the "hipster" and "girl's pants" comments. I'm not sure what to make of the jumps to those conclusions, but I'm glad that some of you understood my question and apparently wear pants that fit you well. Thanks again.

18. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Is like people asking "do I have time to go to the bathroom?" How should I know how long it takes you!

19. CrownVic macrumors regular

CrownVic

I came from the 5s to a 7+. I LOVE it!! It took me a day to get used to it, but now I'm pretty good at using it one handed.

20. Richie2000 macrumors 6502

Richie2000

Gone from a 6s to a 7+. Before the launch event I had decided to give the larger size a go this year and don't regret it. Love the bigger screen and the added functionality and it is not a problem to carry in my pocket, although I do have to take it out when I sit down which I didn't have to with the 4.7 model.

21. formerpc macrumors 6502

I went from a 6s to 7 Plus. It's big in my hands but fine in my pants. I should mention, though, that I don't wear skinny jeans, so I'm not sure how much of a help this is. haha

22. GrumpyMom macrumors 603

GrumpyMom

Leave dudes and their skinny jeans alone. It could be worse. Much, much worse.

I remember when men dressed like this :eek::

image.jpeg

As a little girl I was a huge fan of the show "Emergency" and now watch it with my little girl, who is amused that the heartthrob Doctor Bracket was able to make the ladies swoon dressed like this:

image.png

And that was one of his more tame outfits! :confused:

Just as I was recovering from that trauma, along came this during my dating years:

image.jpeg

Thank goodness none of my dates ever actually dressed like that or I would have become a nun. But the things I have seen. :eek: Mullets... Baggy pants....

Anyway, after all that, hipster jeans are a relief.

23. bluespark macrumors 65816

I've also ordered the Plus this year and I too wear pants that fit. We'll see.

24. Bigserver1 macrumors regular

I posted this in another thread, but I wear slim fitting pants, shorts, and slacks, and my 6s+ and 7+ both fit in all pairs, without issue. Even when sitting, driving, bending over, on a plane, etc.

Couple data points: one, I'm 6'4", so my clothes are naturally larger than those of someone who is say, 5'10". Two, I don't use any cases, so there's no added bulk. I could see someone who uses a bulky case having issues potentially.

25. ohms12 macrumors 6502

ohms12

Fits in all of my pockets other than my work trousers. Kinda juts out - i'm always afraid it'll get pinched!