Podcast/Video Blog Software that Works with Internal mic?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JosephDuffy, Jul 13, 2009.

1. JosephDuffy macrumors regular

Hi all!
    I put this in the MacBook Pro's area, oops!
    So now I'll ask this area;
    What software can I use that will allow me to record a blog or other video with my inbuilt webcam and mic, that's hopefully free. I've tried the "official google one", something like vidnik, but it won't "see" my mic, any ideas?
    I only want to get some rants about YouTube on YouTube, I guess I'll have to rant about this also...
    Thanks
    Joseph Duffy

2. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

iMovie

It can import directly from internal iSight and mic, then export to YouTube, iPhone, Apple TV, MobileMe, or other QT.

QuickTime Pro can also, but then you'd have to import to iMovie if you want to add any titling or fade effects.

3. JosephDuffy thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, guess I should have put this in my original post, I've tried iMovie AND QuickTime, me neither see my internal mic :(

4. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

I've used both and they work fine here. Does your internal mic show up in System Preferences > Sound > Input?

In iMovie, there's no separate selection for the internal mic, just "built-in iSight". In Quicktime Pro, you can select any combination of input devices for video and audio.

5. JosephDuffy thread starter macrumors regular

Yes it does show up, and it's showing that there's sound, but I'm still not getting any sound in iMovie, any help anyone!?
    Thanks
    Joe

6. JosephDuffy thread starter macrumors regular

I've just tried it in QuickTime again, and it worked :)
    Thanks all!
    Joseph Duffy